Boon Or Bust

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Boon Or Bust

Unread post by Tommy »

This server was a good idea for about a week, then it died a quick painful death. So I am calling it bust. Therefore I have booted back into the practice server and will leave it there.

However, if anyone would like to play Uzi, it is still set up. Just boot into config 3.

Tommy
Last edited by Tommy on Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

What about running a CTF server?

-JB
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

Maybe the uzi can be fun for some of our members but I think it's the "last man standing' that doesn't please that much people... only my opinion ? :wink:
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

)(er)(es wrote:What about running a CTF server?

-JB
or a jailbreak?

you could set it for that one map we had (can't remember the name off hand) but we were in hell and had to kill satan to go to heaven and finish the map 8) I remember you were getting pissed cause it kept reseting the timelimits and would never end :P
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

Moon wrote:Maybe the uzi can be fun for some of our members but I think it's the "last man standing' that doesn't please that much people... only my opinion ? :wink:
Yeah why don't we try it without LMS, I know that was the main reason I didn't go much. It sucked getting killed early and having to sit and wait.

Could we go with something like DFB has? They have a server that has CTF, DM, TDM, and JB all on one. We could do UZI, JB, CTF, and Bunny Track (Don't laugh until you try it, it is a good skills builder) on one server. You can see what I mean at DFB's server 69.13.8.192:7777.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

The multi option is too labor-intensive to set up right now...it would take me two months just to get it configured correctly.

Other suggestions (including a few of my own) are:

CTF
DM Uzi
Jailbreak
Plain Vanilla UT99
Zark rng sniper
Qjets

I think for most of them, there just arent't enough players to have a server up. Especially jailbreak, it would be like the redeemer server - fun times, but a few other servers exist so most of the time our server is idle.

I think that the DM- Uzi might be a good place to start, and if it still sucks how about a run and gun zark style sniper server? Of course we'd have a custom rifle instead of the original zark ones...I think it would be easy for Happy to pull out the code that screws up the rifle if you rng.

So how about if I do DM Uzi first and we see how it goes? Standard 20 minute maps and 30 frags? Or maybe a higher frag limit since it is such a fast game. Say maybe 50 frags?

T
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

I know Shortie can draw some people into a JB or CTF server. I know that The UZI DM style might get me to play a little more but I was never a good R & G person. LMS style really sucked for me as I was out more than in.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

{DOU}Charger wrote:LMS style really sucked for me as I was out more than in.
I believe I had the same problem :?

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”