Get Unreal Tournament For Free

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Get Unreal Tournament For Free

Unread post by Tommy »

Epic screwed up and made it possible to get UT99 for free legally. While I am sure that at the time they were unhappy about this, it is possible. I am sure they don't give a shit about it now though.

What happened was they put out a demo version of the game. Then they put out a patch for the full game. If you use the full game patch on the demo, it will work and turn the demo into a full version of the game. It will be lacking in some maps, etc, but it will work just fine for online play. you will just have a lot to download your first visit to a few servers.

Here is what you do. First download and install the demo (but don't run it):

UT99 Demo

Then download the upgrade patch and apply it to the demo:

UT99 Version 4.36 Patch

After this is done, fire up the game and connect to one of our UT99 servers. You should be all set.

If this doesn't work for you, please let us know. However, I have already had reports that it does work, so make sure you are doing this right first.

Tommy

P.S. This only works with the Windows version of the game. Mac and Linux users will have to install the full version to play online.
Hermskii

Re: Get Unreal Tournament For Free

Unread post by Hermskii »

Are all of the post dates wrong or something? Do I have to update something in my profile? It looks like the last posts aren't the most recent like they are out of date or something. Am I just losing it?
Hermskii
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

Hermskii wrote:Are all of the post dates wrong or something? Do I have to update something in my profile? It looks like the last posts aren't the most recent like they are out of date or something. Am I just losing it?
Your losing it :mrgreen:
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

The full GOTY Game can be found here:
http://www.xantaz.net/free-game-files/free-files.php
Hermskii

2 things.

1. I see that the post have been reorganized to show the most ones first. Thanks!

2. What is up with these free downloads? The place that is hosting these files is not in America or what? Is it no longer against the law to give the stuff away for free? What is the deal here? Don't get me wrong. I like the free access but I'm just shocked that this has continued to be allowed. I expected the link to be bad by now but no, it is still working fine.
Hermskii
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

Ahh. Read the original post again closely. It is the demo that you download. Then you apply the 436 patch and voila! UT that works.
Hermskii

Hey Jarg, Thanks but have you been to the site yet and looked around? I did for a minute and it looks like they are giving away about everything. Patching the demo doesn't turn it into GOTY. They say they are giving away GOTY. I may still be wrong as I haven't been back yet nor have I downloaded anything but if it is what it looks like then this may be a very interesting site. They mention UT2003, UT2004 and UT3 too. That I know of, the patch for them doesn't turn the demo for them into a fully functional game too.
Hermskii
Hermskii

Muhahahaha! This all seems like so long ago and yes I have done what this thread said to do before but got it off some other site I think. No matter. Yes, it works well. It isn't he same as getting a full retail version of UT but it will do.
Hermskii
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

Very thanks to you for the info....
Hermskii

I need a new route to do this. Anybody have one actually uses default files like the default demo install and a default patch. Each free and legal? I can't seem to get this to work anymore.
Hermskii

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”