2005-07-31 - TOURNAMENT RESULTS

Clan DOU Announcements

Moderator: adminphpbb3

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

2005-07-31 - TOURNAMENT RESULTS

Unread post by Tommy »

Well, Clan DOU had it's first ever public tournament. I have plenty to say about it, but first, the results. We played 3 rounds (maps). For the first round the top 4 players from each of the 3 servers advanced to the 2nd round leaving us with 12 players. The 12 players were split up into 2 groups on 2 servers. For the 2nd round, the top 3 went on to the final round. For the final round, the game played until there was one (L)ast (M)an (S)tanding. Here is the results from that last round:

[6] - {DMF}Shaggy
[5] - Charger
[4] - {DMF}ConnorMcCleod
[3] - {DMF}Crackmonkey
[2] - [SAS]$cooT

And the tournament winner:

[1] - {DMF}Da_Man

{DMF} had a very strong showing with 4 of the 6 final round spots going to them as well.

Now, I would like to briefly mention what was good and was not so good about the tournament.

First, the good. Of course, the best thing is that a lot of people had a lot of fun. Being an online gamer, unfortunately I all too often see people play matches and when they lose become very poor sports about it. I didn't really see any of that today. Also a plus was what appears to be a very large amount of support for these tournaments. Just about everyone told me that they are very much looking forward to next months tournament. Since it will be DM and not LMS, I expect an even bigger turn-out for the game. Then there is also the plus of everybody getting together and meeting their fellow online players and getting to know them...how can that be a bad thing? The UT99 community is still very big and I hope that events like this will keep everybody interested for a long time to come.

Now, on to what was bad. First, I have to step up an admit blame for most of what was bad. I waited until the last minute to get everything sorted out, and in doing so wasn't as organized as I could have been. First, I needed to test the servers better than I did, there were a few things that I forgot to do and they caused a few minor problems. I also waited until the last minute to instruct my moderators, and that created a bit of confusion as well. Now, in retrospect, while it is a very fun mode, I think for sniping LMS may not have been the best idea. Since it was possible to hide, several people did so, not wanting to give up lives. Other people were not happy about this and some even considered it cheating. Then there were issues with some people not being prepared for the event, and others who even forgot the time/day of the event. I have a few people who I think will be showing up tomorrow, lol. I do apologise to all of you who wanted to play but were not able to due to screw-ups. I assure you that I will do my best so that this doesn't happen again.

I've learned a lot by what happened today. And hopefully I will be able to apply what I have learned so that the next tournament goes a bit smoother. I am going to remove the LMS tournament area and replace it with a DeathMatch Tournament area and get going with next months tournament.

I will also create some polls and a suggestion area, as I am sure many of you have some valuable opinions to offer.

Thanks to everyone who made our first tournament what I consider to be a great success!!!!

{DOU}Tommy

Return to “Postcards From Q2DM1”