Serious Situation With Many Clans

Challange Clan DOU To A Match
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Serious Situation With Many Clans

Unread post by Tommy »

There is a topic that everyone should read. It will require you to join DMF's forums and I think you should to read this.

It is about XIS being caught cheating by several differnet clans and the actions taken as a result of it.

Here is the link:

http://www.dmfsniperclan.com/main/modul ... de=&t=1161

Tommy
Last edited by Tommy on Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

Are we safe from this kind of crap?
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

It's a sad thing that we can't be sure of anithing in this kind of situation but there are many people complaining. There's no smoke without fire... :roll:
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

Any hack attempts here?
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

1) Is FN aware of this situation?
a) And if so, should we publicly or privately voice reservations about having them in the ladder?

2) Should we take any action to pre-empt any attempt by an XiS member to disrupt DOU servers or boards?

-JB
{DOU}cHiCkEn

Unread post by {DOU}cHiCkEn »

I tried to register and thought I succeeded but it won't let me Login. And I can't re-register cause it says the email is already in use. I got the welcome email, but it still won't let me log in.

Can someone explain what that thread is all about or copy/paste it?
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

Shaggy wrote:

We would like to inform you of a potential security risk that we have uncovered at [ACE], ]POT[, {DMF}, and [WOLF]. The clan known as [XiS] (eXtremely Insane Snipers) and multiple members/players in this clan have been caught hacking, cheating, and excessively breaking rules on servers and forums controlled by the above listed clans. We are telling you this to help raise awareness, and help you prevent this type of breach in your own forums. We also want to enhance the camraderie of all UT clans out there. We want you to know so hopefully it won't happen to you. BRIEF stories are listed below...

[ACE]: Multiple hacking attempts, including a SUCCESSFUL attempt to hack and gain Admin access to our forums via our forum database (names used=Soul, SouLRaiN, butterball). Attempts to gain access to our servers during team practices, admin abuse, abusive and disrespectful behavior, and prior evidence of gameplay cheating. For an extended poriod of time, [XiS] freely accessed our old forums using a hidden hacked account, sought out at least one other clan offering them information about [ACE] to help them try to beat us in a match (we won), and in general behaved in a very dishonorable manner. ACE rebuilt our forums from scratch with added security, and more hacking was attempted, although this time our anti-hacking security caught them red-handed. The recent hacker goes by the name of [XiS]Shadow. He also uses aliases such as [ZNN]*Digital* and willreturn, using the IP addresses 72.29.85.142 and 24.147.78.12. [XiS] clan members will try and convince you this was not an [XiS] member, but we have the evidence.

{DMF}: Multiple hacking attempts on DMF forums, Cheating on servers, disrespect, and continuous rule breaking. DMF has banned this entire clan from anything to do with their forums or servers.

]POT[: Hacking attempts on POT forums, cheating, disrespect, and continuous rule breaking on POT servers.

[WOLF]: WOLF caught [XiS] red-handed with Admin access to their forums, and removed this access after documenting the appropriate information with screenshots. The hacker was [XiS]Shadow, using the name haxsonz with the IP address 24.147.78.12 (look familiar?).

As a safety measure, we suggest that any and all access to your forums or your game servers by [XiS], any of their player/members, past player/members, recorded IP addresses, and any other player known to be "friendly" with [XiS] be very closely monitored if not completely forbidden. We also suggest that you make sure your site/forums are up-to-date with the latest security patches and keep a daily check on your database activities.

As a final note - this is a game! We accept that there will always be a small number of immature people who ruin the fun for others. We generally have nothing against any other clan. We hold in high regard ANY clan and ANY player who plays honestly, maintains good sportsmanship, and beats us "fair and square". And just as we all agree that using cheats in a game to win is unsportsmanlike and unacceptable, we at ACE, DMF, POT, and WOLF also believe hacking and infiltrating another clans private information - and offering it to others - is also unsportsmanlike and unacceptable.

Thank you,
ACE Clan Members and Administrators
DMF Clan Members and Administrators
POT Clan Members and Administrators
WOLF Clan Members and Administrators

Crackmonkey wrote:

LOL, somehow I'm just noticing this post...... ... here's the complete list of ips that connected to our ftp.....

There is more in the thread but that was the first part.
{DOU}cHiCkEn

Unread post by {DOU}cHiCkEn »

Thanks
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

{DOU}.:\cHiCkEn/:. wrote:I tried to register and thought I succeeded but it won't let me Login. And I can't re-register cause it says the email is already in use. I got the welcome email, but it still won't let me log in.

Can someone explain what that thread is all about or copy/paste it?
When I registered I was logged in automatically. I have no idea what went wrong in your case. It might be a good idea to get ahold of Thane. This probably has happened before and hopefully he can get you fixed up.

As for the thread content, there is 4 pages of it there and it mostly has to do with the main troublemaker from XiS, Soul. There are also posts from other clans not listed above, including DOU, relating their support against the dishonorable acts committed by XiS members.
There also has been at least one member of XiS resign from the clan over what has been going on. As the pressure and bans grow I suspect it won't be the last. I'm sure they have some decent members and I hope the rest of them jump ship and fall in with some decent clans.

-JB
{DOU} yO mAmA

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

Yo Mama - thanks for your reply. The real camping clans ARE sticking together - right here...

http://www.potsniper.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1544

http://www.donvanvlietweb.nl/docclan/fo ... php?t=2495

http://www.wolfsniperclan.com/forum/ind ... =2141&st=0

http://www.dmfsniperclan.com/main/modul ... =5873#5873

http://bwaclan.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=139

http://sufclan.org/forum/index.php?act= ... 2ad9220bbc

http://www.aceteam.org/evo/modules.php? ... opic&t=686

ACE can sit by and let XiS beat up the other clans in the UT community, or we can take a stand against it. We've chosen to take a stand. But I won't diss FN because it's a good thing - just not right now.

DOU has been fun playing with, so look us up for some REAL matches and such.
{DMF}SHAGGY

Unread post by {DMF}SHAGGY »

dmf would like to personally thank dou for there support dmf is not trying to cause problems we just dont like cheaters and hackers ty tommy for putting this on your forum and letting it be known :twisted:

LIVE STRONG

Return to “War Room”