UT99 SKINNING

Game Content Creation
Daedrev

UT99 SKINNING

Unread post by Daedrev »

So what will it take for me to be able to use a custom skin on the DOU Servers o.0? Im not looking to make a completely black skin or something impossible to see lol Just wanna make a Schweet skin for my dude :peace_v:
Daedrev

Re: UT99 SKINNING

Unread post by Daedrev »

Something like this one I made? Too Dark? o.0

Chamberly

Unread post by Chamberly »

Why not some super fancy bright skin?
::HYST::
Image lol
Daedrev

Unread post by Daedrev »

Or this? I just made this one :P lol

Daedrev

Unread post by Daedrev »

Lol last one to big for front view XD

Daedrev

Unread post by Daedrev »

"Why not some super fancy bright skin?"
I Could Probably make you one lol?
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

The 'problem' with dark skins is that they give you a false indication of having some skill.

I've used dark skins before and I did good, but it didn't improve my skills at all.

The last half year or so I'm using the yellow warmachine skin. It's easy to spot for everyone and I have to be carefull not to be seen.

I still win some good games and I just have to say it has improved my skills a lot. When at first using a brighter skin you will be shot to pieces everytime you show yourself, but if you're able to withstand going back to using a dark skin again, your skills will sure improve a lot and the wins will feel better to.

just something to give you a thought about :)
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
LowKee

Unread post by LowKee »

Chamberly wrote:Why not some super fancy bright skin?
Don't listen to Chamberly Shes overly obsessive about watching My Ass when we are playing in the server. :rofl: don't denie it Chamber I have private PMs to prove :P

Other then that. Not bad for skin man. I was just thinking about that at work tonight about making my own skin.
LowKee

Unread post by LowKee »

NATAN wrote:The 'problem' with dark skins is that they give you a false indication of having some skill.

I've used dark skins before and I did good, but it didn't improve my skills at all.

The last half year or so I'm using the yellow warmachine skin. It's easy to spot for everyone and I have to be carefull not to be seen.

I still win some good games and I just have to say it has improved my skills a lot. When at first using a brighter skin you will be shot to pieces everytime you show yourself, but if you're able to withstand going back to using a dark skin again, your skills will sure improve a lot and the wins will feel better to.

:cry: NATAN? Is this your way of saying that I have no skill.... Or just you wanting me to use brighter skin so you can kill me easier :P
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Soulzy wrote:

:cry: NATAN? Is this your way of saying that I have no skill.... Or just you wanting me to use brighter skin so you can kill me easier :P

Probably both... :lol:

Daedrev

Unread post by Daedrev »

NATAN wrote:The 'problem' with dark skins is that they give you a false indication of having some skill.

Lol Im not looking for the dark skin to improve my skills or such lol The skin is just for personal Satisfaction, Makes the charactor more original and, The Dark skin is only For that "Kewl" Dark Sniper Feel >=] lol Always wanted it but never knew how to get one of my skins onto a server for others to see :smash: XD

This is a Disturbed Themed Skin Id love to use on the DOU server, Its not too Dark and the red eyes can be seen pretty clearly so its not like im invisible lol But gives that "Kewl" sniper feel, and I think its awesome when someone looks down through there scope at the head and the first thing they see is red eyes and a creepy grin :snipe: >=] lol

Chamberly

Unread post by Chamberly »

I remember watching the Disturbed music video. Soulzy, I'll even post a pic next time I see your target ass if that even satisfy you. Yes, Natan state the details on skin comparing the skills. Just b/c camping in a pitch dark spot don't think you are gonna stay hidden wearing the normal in-stock skin.

Some spaces in the map do have dark coverages that will make your skin completely black-wise other than showing the eyes or so as a barely notice sign.

Don't bother making me a skin tho, I've wore bright pinky skin awhile back that is from [ZSZ]. All I wear lately is a female metal guard (sexy skin enough!!!!) and sometimes green color b/c I love the color. Which give me an idea, I'll start posting in green from now on.
kitty

Unread post by kitty »

Green stinks....use the color amber :)
Image Image
Daedrev

Unread post by Daedrev »

So who can I send the files for the Disturbed skin to If I can? :D
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Daedrev wrote:So who can I send the files for the Disturbed skin to If I can? :D
You can send it to Tommy. If ur lucky it will be on the server at earliest in spring 2014 :lol:

Return to “Game Mappers and Coders”