PlanetSide 2

Discuss Other Games Here That Don't Have a Section For Them
Wave

PlanetSide 2

Unread post by Wave »

HappyFnCamper turned me on to game https://www.planetside2.com/
So fun! It is free. It is a perfect game for a clan.
{DOU}Wave

.::/3I§ON::.

Re: PlanetSide 2

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

Wave wrote:HappyFnCamper turned me on...

:puke:
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
Wave

Unread post by Wave »

.::/3I§ON::. wrote:
Wave wrote:HappyFnCamper turned me on...

:puke:
lmao he turned you on to?
{DOU}Wave

No, I was quoting you, thought that was obvious :roll:

Wave

Unread post by Wave »

.::/3I§ON::. wrote:No, I was quoting you, thought that was obvious :roll:
I know you were. I was trying to get out of it.
{DOU}Wave

Didn't work :mrgreen:

HappyFnCamper

Unread post by HappyFnCamper »

OK thought it time to post on the free to play FPS game Planetside 2.

The game is by Sony and you will need to go to the Planetside 2 website at: http://www.planetside2.com or if you have a Steam account you can download it there too.

After the download when you start up and sign in your Staion name is the Sony account info not your player name. When you get to the player name do not add {DOU} with the name as it will be added when we get you into the outfit.

1. We play on the U.S. east coast server called Mattherson

2. {DOU} plays as the Vanu Sovereignty faction always.

The game is like UT, Halo, COD, and Risk all wrapped up in one game. A lot like UT and Halo as it is set in the future on some planet out there. There are 3 maps in the game which are continents on this world called Auraxis. The maps are huge with up to 2500 peeps playing on each map at the same time! We as {DOU} clan already have an outfit in the game. Outfit is the game's term for clan. There are 3 factions in the game (teams). As mentioned above we always play as a clan as the Vanu Sovereignty faction on the U.S. Mattherson east cost server.

Game classes - the basics:

Infiltrator - Sniper class can go to a facility and hack weapon and vehicle console spawn stations. Also has a cloaking device that makes ya near invisible for short time. Cloak is on a timer and recharges when not in use.

Light Assault - Gets to use stuff like C4 to cause the enemy chaos. This class has a jet pack to fly up to hard to reach places. The jet pack is on a timer and recharges when not in use.

Medic - Heals the injured and tries to revive the fallen before they respawn. Medics keep the battle going by keeping the troops up on health. Sometimes the spawn location can be a few 100 meters away and keeping the boots at the battle instead of running back from a spawn location can turn the battle around.

Engineer - They fix vehicles and max suits. They also repair turrets and consoles at facilities as needed. Engees can drop ammo for the team on the spot as needed and have what called a Mana Turret that is a big gun they can spawn in the field and mount to keep the fire storm going.

Heavy Assault - Da big guns and rocket launcher guys. They get an extra shield that is on a timer and recharges when not in use.

Max - This is the walking mini tank of the infantry. You wear a battle exoskeleton that has heavy guns to take down air vehicles along with tanks on the ground and infantry.

Game play:

There is a lot I left out about weapons for the different classes and all the vehicles available. You can learn it fast enough in game. Just going over some details of the game play below to help ya along.

You can run around solo playing. I recommend you join a squad, when you first join the server you most likely will be auto joined to one unless you uncheck the check box in settings to auto join squad when entering the game. Squads can be private or public and run by free lancers or by an outfit as well. Joining a squad does not mean you joined an outfit, so go ahead and run around with a few squads to learn the game faster.

The game has sectors as territories and you have to take the facilities over in the sectors to gain control of the territory. Gaining territories and holding them give you resources to use to spawn ground and air vehicles, also to buy consumable gear like grenades, mines, C4 etc... The more territory the faction holds on the maps the faster your resources replenish. Each resource maxes at 750 for the 3 categories of air vehicle resources, ground vehicle resources and infantry resources. Take note here: when you hit the max for your infantry resources you need to buy the crap out of grenades and mines etc to keep a full stock for when resources are slow in building. The infantry consumables inventory for nades and mines etc max at 40. Always buy them when you get resources for infantry. Once your infantry resource hits max of 750 you will miss out on future resources as they get distributed which is about every 5 minutes. Thats a lot of gear you will not be stocked up on if you keep your infantry resources full all the time. You should leave around a 100 infantry resources in case you need to get in a Max class suit. The other 2 resources will be used as you need them.

Each enemy territory that borders our territories can be taken by us (same for the enemy) just like in the game Risk. There will be times you are on the move to take over an enemy territory and times you will need to defend a territory we hold.

Take note again here: Now the game is going through some changes and they introduced what they call the Lattice Network on one of the maps called Indar (which is the Vanu home continent). This new system is almost identical to UT2K4 onslaught mode where you follow the connecting rail to the next base to take over. On this Indar map you can no longer take just any enemy territory that borders ours. There are now lines on the map that show which territory can be taken next. You used to be able to take all 3-6 territories that bordered our turf before as long as the borders touched, but now you have to follow the lines on the map to the next territory that can be attacked from the one that you are at. The other 2 maps which are Amerish and Esamir still play as mentioned above rule that the borders must be touching to conquer and no Lattice Network is in place there yet.

The game is free to play and just takes ya longer to unlock all the stuff in the game like weapons and attachments for them, along with things that go with the class you are playing. You can spend money to unlock the stuff faster... I'm a free player and have played for over a month now and have been able to do just fine getting the in game credits needed to unlock stuff.

Ask me in TS if ya need any info.

Frag Ya Ltr!
HappyFnCamper
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

Thx for the info.
I will try it.... :D

Return to “Other Games Of Interest”