salt and pepper to taste
1 (8 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
1 cup dry sherry
1 (10.5 ounce) can beef broth
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons water

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, and saute until fragrant. Season pork chops with salt and pepper, then fry them in the skillet just until browned on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the pork chops to a baking pan or Dutch oven.
Pour the mushrooms into the skillet with the pork drippings and garlic, and stir in the sherry and beef broth, scraping any bits of pork that are stuck to the pan. Bring to a boil, then pour over the pork chops in the baking pan. Cover with a lid, or aluminum foil.
Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven, then remove the lid or foil, and continue to bake for another 15 minutes. Remove the chops from the pan to a serving platter, and place the dish on the stove over medium heat. Stir together the cornstarch and water. When the juices in the pan come to a boil, slowly stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Spoon sauce over the chops, and serve.
.:Isabella:.

Re: Swine in gravy.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

Thanks a lot mate.... :D
Your recipes seems cool, and I will dare to make any of it....

On the other hand, why this forum is named Cooking with Tommy....?
I heard that Tommy cannot distinguish a stove from a TV ...
Or is it just an exaggeration of some of his buddies ...? :P

P.S. I must admit that for me, entering a kitchen is like walking into a dark room with ghosts ...: it scares me. :D
Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

You had me until the can of mushrooms :cry:
Necro

Unread post by Necro »

R-Mad. It is just a flowing of instructions. Nothing to be scared of. I spent 6 years apprenticing and 2 years schooling to learn what I knew standing on a chair cooking the family dinner.
Necro

Unread post by Necro »

Abberation wrote:You had me until the can of mushrooms :cry:
Shroom = Goodness. Sometimes hallucinations.

Return to “Cooking With Tommy”