Re: Halloween Invite

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server
a nameless entity

Unread post by a nameless entity »

Hey m8's

Yes, it's been a long time since I played on one of your UT99 servers. Largely because I removed 99 from my C drive to free up space, and then when I finally got around to reinstalling on drive D, the stupid hard drive went and died on me a few weeks later.

Fortunately my laziness payed off, as I did not get around to migrating UT2k4 to the same doomed drive.
So imagine my surprise last week when I received your mass email inviting everyone to play on your servers on October 31st.
And there on the list was your UT2004 server.

I'd really like to try it out some time, but I'm wondering how long it has been since anyone checked the server out. Many large files are not on fast redirect and many small ones too. I've been working at downloading all of the stuff not on fast redirect for a number of tries now. But even going upstairs to get rid of the coffee I rented while all of the files trickle onto my hard drive, then going into the kitchen to tank up again for the next bathroom break, and then coming back downstairs to the PC isn't enough time to get it all. And I'm not even supposed to drink coffee any more. So this endless loop of drinking and downloading must end before I run out of tp, coffee, or patience.

Please see if more of the necessary files that are not yet on the redirect server could be moved over to it. Thanks! :peace_v:
I'm a man.........but I can change.........if I have to........I guess.
Chamberly

Unread post by Chamberly »

You was downloading files and couldn't download it all because the map changed? Oh man I didn't like that, I remember having that kind of problem when I first started to play UT on a ISDN connection. LOL.
Image lol
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

We recently changed to a different web host and as a result some links were broken, including redirect. Since there is an interest in playing on the server I will get it taken care of ASAP. It's on the white board anyway :P

Jump into TS sometime and I bet you could talk a few of us into a map or two.

T
a nameless entity

Unread post by a nameless entity »

Actually the map hasn't been changing, in fact the server has been stuck on the same one for some time now. I think that it is stuck there because everyone gets tired of waiting around for all of the files to download.
Since there are so many, it sounds great that the issue will be addressed in the near future. Thanks! :)
I'm a man.........but I can change.........if I have to........I guess.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

I think I have the redirect fixed. I have to run out to work so I will test it in the morning. If anyone tries it tonight please post your results here.

T

Return to “Unreal Tournament 2004 Multi Server”