Other 2K4 Servers

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server
GRouND ZeRo

Other 2K4 Servers

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

Ok, so I was bored on a Monday night and wanted to get a few games in before I crash for the night...

I loaded up 2K4 and was looking for a good server to jump on that was populated and found {SAP}Xtreme Sniper Camping 38.105.80.42:2777...

The current map took no time to come in and I found that I had a spawn timer so I hid in the immediate area the best that I could.

I said "hey" and I immediately got a "hey" in return. I found someone across the map and got a head shot off. Trying to hold a conversation about sniping/camping in UT3 didn't get any response. Then I found someone camping in a shelf and tagged the guy with 2 bullets but no kill? I had question this with no reply. I found the guy to be sitting quite still for being just shot at. I tagged the guy again with 2 bullets but no kill?? I had question this with no reply??

When the map had 5 seconds to go I tagged the guy again continuously firing at him resulting in a kill. When the map was over I found myself in the lead with 2 frags? then I said "GG" and resulted with no reply... I checked the player roster and saw that there were players on including their ping rates.

I voted in a map named DM-Phobos2 and succeeded.

When the new map had loaded I found that everyone else was RnG'ing which was a complete surprise compared to what the Server was supposed to be hosting. I decided to camp myself and completely got a flawless victory with a compliment "Nice going [DOU]GRouNDZeRo". I replied back asking "Ummm, Yeah, is there anyone actually here?" and ended up with no reply.

Kinda strange when you get no reply when you ask a question to 8 other people. :roll:

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/6851 ... people.jpg
{DOU}

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: Other 2K4 Servers

Unread post by Tommy »

In UT2004 a server admin can set the server up to make it look like the bots are real people, with pings and all. Judging from the names on the scoreboard I am guessing this was the case.

T
GRouND ZeRo

Re: Other 2K4 Servers

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

Pretty screwed up if you have to make it look like that... may be able to fool some though.

Anyone else know a good Server?
{DOU}

Return to “Unreal Tournament 2004 Multi Server”