Upgrade questions

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
GRouND ZeRo

Re: Upgrade questions

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

I remember using a Video out card on a computer way back. It looped back the video cable for it to copy the video... The darn thing about it that it would hog resources for it to work.

I have yet to see any pictures of your rig here. I hope that you are not having too much trouble with the video capture/fraps.
{DOU}

GRouND ZeRo

I may pick up something like this for an external recorder. The camera should be fun to play with too!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Mini-Button-Spy-Cam- ... 5d2bc0ef51

Might be better than a VCR.
{DOU}

GRouND ZeRo

Just came across this guy... http://store.hauppauge.com/hardware2.asp?product=hd_pvr

For $199 it might be just the thing rather than using Fraps to bog your FPS in-Game. Less CPU processes=more fun!
{DOU}

Tentonaxe

Unread post by Tentonaxe »

GRouND ZeRo wrote:I remember using a Video out card on a computer way back. It looped back the video cable for it to copy the video... The darn thing about it that it would hog resources for it to work.

I have yet to see any pictures of your rig here. I hope that you are not having too much trouble with the video capture/fraps.
Here's the most recent video i've done with my new rig, i dont have any actual photos of the hardware, was too interested in finishing to get it up and running!

So far i haven't had any issues at all since the upgrade. It is awsome. I haven't done any overclocking with it yet, but I don't plan to mess around with that until i actually need it to improve performance.

Edit: HAH i forgot the video.

http://youtu.be/o82aY7u4ugQ

it is available in 1080p HD
Keller

Unread post by Keller »

Video looks very smooth, good setup. My Build comes next month :)
Image/Image
GRouND ZeRo

Yes the video is smooth!

The game play??? Ugh! how many spells do you need??? I'm sure that the Add-ons that give you status bars left and right help somewhat... I haven't tried any add-ons myself with that game... I know some add blood splatter on the screen and stuff.

Get Crit!

The darn thing is that WoW is almost ever evolving and it may not be great on the wallet when you can't just use a 2GHz CPU with a 128 Meg Nvidia and 512 Meg of Ram. You just don't walk through a populated city with that nowadays.

(My 2 cents warning...)
WoW promised "Free Updates" and that did not include the "Expansions" and who cares if I am paying to play the darn game. I completely gave up on it when Blizzard dropped the price of WoW... Kinda makes my account worthless. I do admit that I had liked it for a while but I just can't get into something if I have to pay on top of what I am paying for after I paid for it on Disk.

I personally would go back to Diablo 2.
{DOU}

Tentonaxe

I felt the same way at first, but now.... I look around and see people spending way more on console games, or these other "free to play" games than i do playing wow over the course of a year, including purchasing an expansion.

How many abilities do i need? lol. I find myself running out of keys to keybind to that i can comfortably hit.
GRouND ZeRo

A month or so later and I'm replying to this... I've used a game pad for a push to talk button with Ventrillo when I didn't want my computer beeping at me horrendously... Maybe you could add more functions that way using extra buttons on a mouse or a game pad.

Hope to see more game play video!
{DOU}

Tentonaxe

GRouND ZeRo wrote:A month or so later and I'm replying to this... I've used a game pad for a push to talk button with Ventrillo when I didn't want my computer beeping at me horrendously... Maybe you could add more functions that way using extra buttons on a mouse or a game pad.

Hope to see more game play video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiIIt1tXxpc

Return to “Computer Chatter”