SSD pric$e over SIZE or -speed-???

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Concrete

Re: SSD pric$e over SIZE or -speed-???

Unread post by Concrete »

How do you like the drive? I have been eyeballing the A3 as well. I had the Agility 2 and it was a great drive.
I killed a six-pack just to watch it die.
Without question the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you the wheel was also a fine invention, but a wheel does not go as well with pizza.
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

Forget the Pricey REVO gimmie a Agility 3!

My Corsair F60 is still running good for me.

- GZ
{DOU}

jacobite
Location: scottland west coast home of the rampant lion rrroooooaaarrr lol

Unread post by jacobite »

Hi all
got my agility 3 ssd last week from ebuyer
It was real fast instalations just shot in ebuyer put me onto toms shareware they said it was safe to do all the tweaks lolol
only had it running that night started up pc following morning disaster struck
foned ebuyer up so they said it was there fault and sent me an r.m.a. to post it back to them
hopefully buy next weekend will have my new one up and running so can bench test it and post the results

anyone no anything about linux mint. its ment to be alot faster that windows 7 with its newer operating system think its ext4 it uses and if it,l run on our server and if it will run unreal tournament its main thing lol hope to here from you all soon ty n god bless :D
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

I'm still unsure how to get my hands on a Linux or MAC version of Unreal Tournament...

Anywho... A ton of reports of failures with "Sandy Bridge" and warnings to keep backups just in case. Like sand in your face isn't it?

MTBF: Mean Time Before Failure < Does your warranty cover this time period???

Don't expect a different SATA controller to recover your HD/SSD... Had that problem myself. I'm using 2 500GB IDE's for most of my backup. May be slower but they work!

My Corsair F60 SSD is still humming!
I recently bought my little brother a 64GB Kingston V100 SSD at almost half the price and the write speed on that is faster than mine! SATA II of course!

I'm questioning the stability of Sandy's SATA III Technology... It has no moving parts so it does not get hot??? Then why do we use huge heatsinks on our fancy CPU's, GPU's and RAM?

Go and look at the reviews on NEWEGG on these new drives and see which ones will work better for you... Of course the Intel's mostly never break down but what's the brand that you would like or would like to pay for?
jacobite wrote:started up pc following morning disaster struck
Sorry to hear that happened to you hopefully the replacement will work better for you!
{DOU}

jacobite
Location: scottland west coast home of the rampant lion rrroooooaaarrr lol

Unread post by jacobite »

Hi GroundZero about your linux there is a we trick to instaling unreal tournament you have to go into practice manager its called im not in linux the now to check it. and what you do is in your search type .wine. then u select 3.5 not any lower or dev i think it is ones it also puts in alot of compatability programs a big download then you just scroll down the list youi will see another 5 things ticked grean you press apply and it instals and it puts in about 250 meg of updates and that instals all of windows softwear so makes it all compatable with any program as soon as thats done you have to restart pc then you put in unreal tournament disk now you right click on unreal go down like list select other softwear then you see windows compatability .wine. that you instaled and select instal with wine and there you go all done i use ubunta 11.4 latest also if you want to know how to instal unreal or any windows programs on ubuntu 11.4 or mint can show you that will walk you throu it .its not hard the problem with mint or ubuntu it sets of the monitor to popup 4 windows on your desk top so got to canel that .when you select unreal ive not done much with unreal but i get my new agility 3 later today or tomorrow so im puting ubuntu on it unreal 2004 runs. with unreal popups up history and 3d fault so gona try instal windows 7 driver later i think ubuntu is the beeskneese and definately faster than windows becase of the ext4 it leaves windows for dust ok let us no how u get on and mind you dont have to instal any anti virus or that as its in with it and i instal all the updates at the same time ubuntu loads on my sata hd in about 15 mins cany wait to test it on my agility 3 oalso orderd cat7 10gig 1200mhz cable should get it anyday now yiipeee lol hope this helps and god bless :D

Return to “Computer Chatter”