Gatecrasher Banned As Of November 25th 2012 !! BAN LIFTED !!

People Who Have Been Banned
Gatecrasher0980

Re: Gatecrasher Banned As Of November 25th 2012

Unread post by Gatecrasher0980 »

KID VICIOUS wrote:hello DOU and gatecrasher!

I am KV and i admin the SX server and found the mentioned ACE log.
ACE is a cheat detection software we use to see if players are using illegal hackware.
Vtable hook usually means the software,in this case the engine dll was injected into by another section of code.For what reason we do not know but something happened when you were on the server.Most,if not just about all Vtable hooks logs have turned out to be cheats.

I no longer have the screenshot nor do i remember what it looked like anymore.I wish i did.
but i think the best way to find out if this log file is a confirmed cheat is to post the log onto unrealadmin.org and see what the developers and beta testers have to say about it.
if someone trustworthy on there can say its a false positive then it was my mistake for making an issue about it. I usually just ban all Vtable hooks due to them mostly being cheats and the risk of private hooks being used on my server.

also if DOU has any logs of you,they should also check to be sure the person i banned is you or not.From their server logs they can verify that by comparing the information from both the logs. I have been getting alot of name steals and clan tag steals,so everyone beware.

Id hate to have a clean player banned for an errornous log or a name steal.
I think thats what we can do on our part. I am willing to work with any server admin if needed.

I also had a ucc log of gatecrasher getting a DOS when attemping to join the server after he was banned. Im not sure why he didnt contact us after that happened. Usually my impression is that they know we busted them. and since i havent seen much of him before,i just figured he got busted and moved on.

Hello KV....I appreciate you taking the time to offer some feedback in this. I apologize in advance for this but I am having a hard time wrapping my head around what you're talking about lol....so I'll be specific.

I believe the report of me "cheating" was when I was experiencing image dropping of other players, and then later DOU Rad mentioned that he thought I was image dropping as well. Like I said earlier in this post, I tried shooting a few players only to have my bullets go right through them and then the image of the player I was shooting at disappeared. Soon there after DOU Rad said my character was doing the same thing while he tried shooting me. I believe this was around the time my IP was tagged for cheating.

So with that said, I dont know if cheating software can pass from player to player like a virus or if someone hacked my gamertag. I dont know how to do any of that so I am probably speaking out of my ass here.

I dont even know what a VTable Hook is.....or specifically what it does. I tried googling it earlier today ,after I read this post, to educate myself on what Im being accused of using. I only found myself lost with what the links were saying. I am not familiar with C++, ASCII, MS-DOS, etc and all the other languages people speak when it comes to computers.

As far as I know, I have not pissed anyone off bad enough to name steal or whatever else people are capable of doing these days. I might get the lucky shot or inadvertent revenge kill every once and a while on the session badass, but I dont play dirty, talk trash, run and gun, spawn kill, or anything like that. If anything, I try to help support DOU server rules.

And KV, your last paragraph is what really has me confused. I'll clarify my activity today to help clear anything up. So this afternoon I started UT99 and joined the latest session on DOU servers. Members of DOU and other clan members immediately told everyone else in the game to kick me because I was banned. I asked what I was banned for and someone said that I should check clandou.com. So I did. After I made my posts in this thread, I got bored and tried to play on another camping server thinking that I was only banned on DOU servers. I was kicked from that server too because the console said I was on the IP ban list. I no longer have the console scripts of any of this because I ended the UT99 program itself soon there after. I havent tried any other servers.

So thats all I can think to add to this and I hope it helps. I have a certain nostalgia for this game and I like playing it again. If theres anything else you guys need from my end just let me know.

Thanks for your input KV.
Chamberly

Unread post by Chamberly »

Posting at unrealadmins can annoy them when there is plenty of already posted cheat that is there to confirm.

Everyone kicked you b/c we were aware of you being banned. I told you to come here and check clandou.com. :snipe:
Last edited by Chamberly on Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image lol
Grubb Industries

Unread post by Grubb Industries »

Same name same IP, BANNED.
Fighting for peace is like
Screwing for virginity
[TA]SuperSniper

Unread post by [TA]SuperSniper »

ACEv08g]: PlayerName...: Gatecrasher
[ACEv08g]: PlayerIP.....: 68.114.136.27
[ACEv08g]: OS...........: Microsoft Windows 7/2008 R2 x64 (Version: 6.1.7601)
[ACEv08g]: CPU..........: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz
[ACEv08g]: CPUSpeed.....: 2291.754121 Mhz Measured - 2294.245799 Mhz Reported
[ACEv08g]: NICDesc......: Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card
[ACEv08g]: MACHash1.....: C78875317A240C19B43E97800C7BADFC
[ACEv08g]: MACHash2.....: AE30301DF93AD73658CB73EAA0A543AE
[ACEv08g]: HWID.........: 6E432AD17CCEB0CE7637A423C06632D2
[ACEv08g]: UTVersion....: 451
[ACEv08g]: Renderer.....: SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice
[ACEv08g]: SoundDevice..: Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem
[ACEv08g]: CommandLine..: <none>
[ACEv08g]: KickReason...: VTable Hook
[ACEv08g]: TimeStamp....: 21-11-2012 / 17:10:51
[ACEv08g]: +---------------------------------------------------------------+
[ACEv08g]: | Extra Info |
[ACEv08g]: ModuleHandle.: 0x10300000
[ACEv08g]: ModuleName...: Engine.dll
[ACEv08g]: HookedObject.: ActorChannel Transient.ActorChannel10294
[ACEv08g]: HookedEntry..: 0
[ACEv08g]: Found........: 0x06204800 -> Unknown Module!Unknown Function+0x0000
[ACEv08g]: HookedEntry..: 1
[ACEv08g]: Found........: 0x00000001 -> Unknown Module!Unknown Function+0x0000
[ACEv08g]: HookedEntry..: 2
[ACEv08g]: Found........: 0x09B2E4C0 -> Unknown Module!Unknown Function+0x0000
[ACEv08g]: | Screenshot Status |
[ACEv08g]: Success......: TRUE
I would treat this log as a "False/Positive" ( Not a cheat ) I have seen many logs like this over the years and to my Knowledge he's not cheating. Only a few cheats hook the VTable... like the Helios cheats and that would return a different log. My guess would be a corrupt memory problem at the time of the scan ( it can happen to anyone of us at random, as we all use different PC's/Hardware in different configurations ) In my opinion ( for what it's worth ) this guy is not a cheater.... just someone that either has PC hardware issues or needs to reinstall the game. ( with a reliable copy of course )
Posting at unrealadmins can annoy them when there is plenty of already posted cheat that is there to confirm.
Posting a log for confirmation is the right thing to do if your unsure. Maybe posting a log that's already been verified could annoy some, but it's better to be sure about the people you ban from your server then worry about annoying someone over a confirmation post :lol:
So according to this, not a false positive...
I disagree
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

Unread post by Otis_Firefly »

:eek
vioguez

Unread post by vioguez »

Otis_Firefly wrote::eek
:eek

Chamberly

Never seen something like that before. :eek
Image lol
Gatecrasher0980

TASuperSniper, thanks for your input. For what its worth, I installed my latest copy of this game from the retail cd's that I managed to hang on to over the years. I had some trouble installing a proper 436 and then subsequent 451 patch, meaning I had to reinstall the game a couple times so I wouldnt keep getting a General Protection Fault error upon launch. The Unreal website no longer hosts the patches so I got each patch from sites like FileFront (or something similar, I dont remember the exact site name).

Eventually I got it to install correctly.

And then I started to download user created maps. I downloaded from UT hosted websites and followed each Read Me files instructions on where to put files. .UTX into the textures folder, .UNR into the maps folder, etc.

The only other thing I have downloaded is the DOU Guest skin from this website.
[TA]SuperSniper

Gatecrasher0980 wrote:TASuperSniper, thanks for your input. For what its worth, I installed my latest copy of this game from the retail cd's that I managed to hang on to over the years. I had some trouble installing a proper 436 and then subsequent 451 patch, meaning I had to reinstall the game a couple times so I wouldnt keep getting a General Protection Fault error upon launch. The Unreal website no longer hosts the patches so I got each patch from sites like FileFront (or something similar, I dont remember the exact site name).

Eventually I got it to install correctly.

And then I started to download user created maps. I downloaded from UT hosted websites and followed each Read Me files instructions on where to put files. .UTX into the textures folder, .UNR into the maps folder, etc.

The only other thing I have downloaded is the DOU Guest skin from this website.
Yeah man i really don't think it's your UT install tbh, i'm leaning more towards a random hardware/memory corruption ( could happen to anyone )
If i was you i would post the log in question over at http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/forum ... .php?f=177 and see what they have to say. Maybe also ask them, what you can do to prevent this log from happening again... ( they know their stuff over there )
I'm only speaking from my past experiences of reading numerous logs over the years ( i have administrated servers for several years now ) and to my knowledge this is a "False/Positive"

Hope everything works out for you man :wink:
Chamberly

I was looking at another kick log that looks like this but a bit longer, different code at the end or so. Probably very similar to this then?
Image lol
Gatecrasher0980

TASuperSniper, thanks again. I'll head that way and see whats up. Whatever I find out I'll post a link to it in this thread. :)

Heres my post.

http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/showt ... post166595
KID VICIOUS

Unread post by KID VICIOUS »

Hey SuperSniper! :D

Gatecrasher im going to unban you from SX until we get more info about this Vtable hook in the engine dll. Im going to dig deeper into this just cause i gotta know.
But i wouldnt go changing your configuration or game name,it will just make you look even more suspecious to other admins that didnt read this post.

You will have alot of server admin watching the results of this in the meantime imsure.

also if this is somehow related to a cheat my guess is that you will be banned on about a dozen servers.lol.

I can honstly say i havent run across a log file like yours before.But im willing to give you the benefit of the doubt here.
unfortunately these anti-cheats do scare away alot of clean players,and make alot of admin trigger happy on the ban button. but also to we need to keep our servers clean,so our paranoia alot of times does pay off.

wish ya the best.
[TA]SuperSniper

KID VICIOUS wrote:Hey SuperSniper! :D
Hey Buddddie :wink:
Gatecrasher0980

Kid Viscious, I appreciate that! I dont plan on changing my name since its my old handle from wayyyy back in my C&C: RA2 days lol. And I dont know how to change configuration.

Is there anything I can do to help out? Since this is a problem on my end, is there something I can do to help target/identify the problem?

I fully understand the need to keep the servers clean....we used to have alot of cheaters when I used to play with TUC back in 2004-2005. I really enjoy playing UT99 again so I dont want to start playing with further log files saying that I am cheating.

Let me know if there is anything I can help with. Thanks again.
Chamberly

@ UA, 1 mentioned it's memory-related and false positive as well. Sounds good to play I guess.
Image lol

Return to “Hall Of Shame”