Belechick?

If it has anything to do with sports or the people who play them post it here.

Moderator: .::/3I§ON::.

{DOU}Cygnus

Belechick?

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

Belechick got Coach of the Year honors....gotta be kidding me.
There were several coaches out there who did more with less.
Mr Underhill

Re: Belechick?

Unread post by Mr Underhill »

Yea...you're going to have to give hard examples and comparisons to back up that statement.

I'm not a Pats fan by any stretch but I do know that players just flat out play better on that team than off - rookies and vets alike.

Also an example: This year they traded away Randy Moss, who will go down as one of the best receivers of all time, and the team was better after that? Come on.

If you're still seeing through cheese-colored glasses, I would give Capers the best Defenseive Coordinator this year. Matthews helps his cause a bunch though.
Mr U

Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.
-Colonel Mertz von Quirnheim
{DOU}Cygnus

Re: Belechick?

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

Here's a couple that are more deserving:

Mike Tomlin:
Went 3-1 to start the season w/o his starting QB and the loss was only by 3 points to the Ravens.

Mike McCarthy:
Despite 16 players on IR including the starting TE, RB & 2 LBs he coached that team into the SB.

I have serious doubts Belechick could have done as well faced with the same problems. Hell, McCarthy came close to beating him with a 2nd string QB.

As for the improved play after Moss left that is no big surprise since he's a known cancer in the lockeroom. The guy has about as much integrity as Belechick.

Return to “Best Damn Sports Forum... PERIOD!”