Ex-NFL star Junior Seau is found dead

If it has anything to do with sports or the people who play them post it here.

Moderator: .::/3I§ON::.

.::/3I§ON::.

Ex-NFL star Junior Seau is found dead

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
{DOU}Cygnus

Re: Ex-NFL star Junior Seau is found dead

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

4 years younger than me. Why would you want to blow yourself away after a career like that?
{DOU} yO mAmA

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

{DOU}Cygnus wrote:4 years younger than me. Why would you want to blow yourself away after a career like that?

Great question.

There was another NFL retired player that shot himself recently. They're saying these guys are suffering from depression because of their repeated head trauma or something like that.

See below ...

"Recent findings from head trauma researchers, however, have shown that repeated smaller impacts to the head can result in long-term damage.

Several former NFL players have been diagnosed with chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a disease discovered by Boston University researchers from examining the brains of deceased athletes. Those who suffer from CTE — which currently can be diagnosed only postmortem — can suffer from depression, the loss of impulse control, memory loss and, in late stages, dementia.

It’s not known whether Seau had agreed to donate his brain to Boston University, as a growing number of former athletes have done. It didn't appear Seau had joined the more than 1,200 players who are suing the NFL over head injuries.

If his death is ruled a suicide, Seau would be the second former player in less than two weeks to kill himself. Former Atlanta Falcons defensive back Ray Easterling shot himself in his Richmond, Va., home on April 19. Easterling, 62, had suffered from depression and insomnia for years and was one of the first players to sue the league over concussions."

mAmA
M@DD0G

Unread post by M@DD0G »

Dave Duerson within the last few months, too. Former Chicago Bear, played with the '85 line-up that won the Super Bowl. Shot himself also...

RIP, fellas.

:|
M@DD0G
Image Image I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning,
that's as good as they're going to feel all day. --Frank Sinatra

vioguez

Unread post by vioguez »

Image.............

Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

Oakland is the only team I hate more than San Diego but I always loved to watch Jr. play defense. He truly was one of the greatest to every play his position. That said I have no respect for anyone who kills themselves
M@DD0G

Unread post by M@DD0G »

Abberation wrote: That said I have no respect for anyone who kills themselves
I concur. Weak and selfish way out. There's always someone worse off, or someone to talk to, meds to take, etc, etc.

What a waste.
M@DD0G
Image Image I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning,
that's as good as they're going to feel all day. --Frank Sinatra

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

I believe, however, in these cases that the underlying theme is that due to brain injury they may not have been in their right minds. Depression is a hell of a thing.

T

Return to “Best Damn Sports Forum... PERIOD!”