Map removal Request

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

{DOU}Cygnus

Map removal Request

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

We need to lose [FU2] Thanatopia.
Just seen a player get a win by dominating the map from a secret. Unfair way to win over 12 or 13 other players.
Evil

Re: Map removal Request

Unread post by Evil »

That map shouldn't be played with 12 players. It's actually a fun map most of the time, a person can use deemers to get people in the secrets. We play it later at night with 4-6 people on and it's usually entertaining and no one gets to stay in a secret too long. One of the few secret maps I like.
Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

Hell no I love that map.
{DOU}Cygnus

Well folks, you cant have it both ways. There were people complaining about the secrets at the end. The only way you are going to get someone out of the secret is if you know where it is and either assault or use a deemer and nobody else I seen in this instance had a clue so it was unfair. There are maps gone that I liked too but they had secrets. We need to be fair for all and not just a few.
Balony

Unread post by Balony »

Then you need to lose about 2/3 of the map on your server.. This is one of the busiest servers around so the people that like these maps/gameplay must outweigh the ones that don't like it. No servers are perfect, i guess you have to weigh the pro and cons of each advantage/disadvantage... kinda like the deemers.
Revisio

Unread post by Revisio »

I would like to just point out that i may have won that map by a secret, but there are about 5 deemers and 8 other secrets that could be used so it wasnt that unfair. Not to mention that i didnt pick the map in the first place (so they obviously wanted it), and i selected a map without secrets the very next match and i won two consecutive maps after that. And after both wins i voted in non secret maps just so people would not complain. To boot, i have taught many people the secrets in that map so it is more fair / more fun to play. The only reason i won that map was because of the noobs running around in the open.

I vote it should stay, it is not my favorite map and i do agree secrets can be lame, but like abb evil and balony said. I enjoy playing that map with them, esp when it envolves me gowing up the elevator shaft with the xmas girl to shoot abb in the arse =D
Balony

Unread post by Balony »

Isn't knowing your environment part of being a good player?
{DOU} yO mAmA

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

I'm ok with the map, I don't know all of the secrets but know a few. I don't think we have a lot of maps with secrets anymore, some. I think it would be boring to eliminate ALL of them. Not everyone hates secrets, some see it as a challenge to figure them out. I always did.

There's a passage under the fountain in the center of the courtyard. Something triggers a door somewhere so you can drop into the tunnel underneath. I still haven't figured out how that works.

Anyone else know?

mAmA
Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

Sure do :wink:
Ask me some night and Ill show you
E=Me2

Unread post by E=Me2 »

Yes it seems MANY of the maps on the list have "secrets".I personally like that map.It does somewhat seem people do have an advantage by knowing the "secrets",but finding those areas on your own does make you a better player.And, they arent really "secrets" if everyone knows about them, right?
<<<<<<<<{DOU}E=Me2>>>>>>>>>
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

I like that map too. Let it stay. There are more maps with secrets than only this one.
Talons Loft has the same kind of secrets... Maybe we should put some of the secrets at the forum?
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
{DOU}Cygnus

Balony wrote: This is one of the busiest servers around so the people that like these maps/gameplay must outweigh the ones that don't like it.
So, by your logic we should make it o.k. to assault, spawnkill and whatever else it takes to win.
{DOU}Cygnus

Revisio wrote:I would like to just point out that i may have won that map by a secret, but there are about 5 deemers and 8 other secrets that could be used so it wasnt that unfair. Not to mention that i didnt pick the map in the first place (so they obviously wanted it), and i selected a map without secrets the very next match and i won two consecutive maps after that. And after both wins i voted in non secret maps just so people would not complain. To boot, i have taught many people the secrets in that map so it is more fair / more fun to play. The only reason i won that map was because of the noobs running around in the open.

I vote it should stay, it is not my favorite map and i do agree secrets can be lame, but like abb evil and balony said. I enjoy playing that map with them, esp when it envolves me gowing up the elevator shaft with the xmas girl to shoot abb in the arse =D
Most of your kills were not noobs running around but people trying to camp.
It doesn't matter if you picked the map or not, you chose to play it that way.
Grasshopper

Unread post by Grasshopper »

I like that map too. Let it stay. There are more maps with secrets than only this one.
Talons Loft has the same kind of secrets... Maybe we should put some of the secrets at the forum?[/quote]

I agree, we should keep it. Forum about secrets would be a bonus too.

Grasshopper. :D
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

My .02

How can you EFFECTIVELY run a snipeing/camping server when people have to run from deemers all te time? We have a deemer server. You wanna fly them, use it. When I need a deemer fix I GO TO A DEEMER SEVER.

I WILL NOT BOOT someone if hey ar RUNNING from a deemer or consistantly running from deemerS.

When people come on that NEED to use deemers/secrets to win, I leave.

IMHO I dont believe we can call this a camping/snipeing server w/deemers.
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”