Really? WTF?

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: Really? WTF?

Unread post by Tommy »

With regard to the close kill mod killing offenders, the reason it doesn't for real players is (are you ready for this?) because it doesn't. It was not coded that way. The original author decided not to. However, I will look into the possibility of changing this. No guarantees though.

As for the redeemer user / assault rule, this was a loose rule that we had back in the day. I think it might be a good idea for us to revisit this and come up with something a bit more solid.

Last, the 24HourFitness map. We allow run and gun on that map and that map only. The reason was that while the map was popular it is not a very good camping map. As such, when playing for hours, we sometimes felt like a little break from camping so we did this. I am thinking that the best course of action may be to just remove the map so that we can avoid the confusion of this whole situation.

T
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

Tommy wrote:With regard to the close kill mod killing offenders, the reason it doesn't for real players is (are you ready for this?) because it doesn't. It was not coded that way. The original author decided not to. However, I will look into the possibility of changing this. No guarantees though.

As for the redeemer user / assault rule, this was a loose rule that we had back in the day. I think it might be a good idea for us to revisit this and come up with something a bit more solid.

Last, the 24HourFitness map. We allow run and gun on that map and that map only. The reason was that while the map was popular it is not a very good camping map. As such, when playing for hours, we sometimes felt like a little break from camping so we did this. I am thinking that the best course of action may be to just remove the map so that we can avoid the confusion of this whole situation.

T
Very, very good idea.... :D :peace_v:
Add the Laundry map also....
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Tommy wrote:

T
In my opinion the rule as it is now works perfect. Lets not change it at all. Maybe we should describe it better in the sniper rules. We're having the same issue with the no x-loc dropping rule.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
THATGUY

Unread post by THATGUY »

there are plenty of peeps who drop trans and hunt, and sadly a few of your own clan do it. Not my place to call anyone out, just info. Although that rule is CLEARLY stated!!! The deemer rule is no where, so just adding a line to say No close up assaults would be easy. But again, its your server, and they are your rules, I just wanted to know what they were cause I keep getting different answers.

Ok here is my last one....If you dont back up to get it, and you are just outside close kill mod to start...why do people get upset when they die and complain about close up killing???? If your outside it isnt it a completely legal kill??? It shouldnt be used as a sheild so no one can come and kill you, or should it..school me...
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

THATGUY wrote:there are plenty of peeps who drop trans and hunt, and sadly a few of your own clan do it. Not my place to call anyone out, just info. Although that rule is CLEARLY stated!!! The deemer rule is no where, so just adding a line to say No close up assaults would be easy. But again, its your server, and they are your rules, I just wanted to know what they were cause I keep getting different answers.

Ok here is my last one....If you dont back up to get it, and you are just outside close kill mod to start...why do people get upset when they die and complain about close up killing???? If your outside it isnt it a completely legal kill??? It shouldnt be used as a sheild so no one can come and kill you, or should it..school me...
Read my answers and you will be safe on following the rules. Your first question about assault with a deemer. Its clearly as stated in the rules:
3) No assaulting - DO not rush another players position to shoot them, kill from a distance. Sometimes you will enter an occupied room accidently or spawn close to another person, the close kill mod was added to avoid close kill fighting, leave the area do not back up to get out of the no kill zone then shoot the player or you will be kicked.
Keep in mind: An assault/closekill is an assault/closekill no matter what kind of weapon you use.

Answer to your second question:
It is not allowed to close kill. To help players to obey that rule we installed the NoCloseKillMod. Its purpose is not to prevent every close kill. Its there to protect you against the worst noobs on the server. Thats also the reason why backing away from the mod till you can kill a player is not allowed.

Hope this answers your questions. If you still have other questions please feel free to post them.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
kitty

Unread post by kitty »

The worst offence on the server has to be when someone enters your spot, say in a small room, box, or near an elevator and they are just outside the close kill range. Most of the time people won't leave your spot until the kill has been made. The other offence is when you accidetly come into someones spot and they don't give you the chance to turn around and walk away.

The real only way to fix this would be to add a few extra meters to the current close kill mod, that way the person would at least have to scope to make the will. Otherwise we might as well bring the hand guns or slime guns back out for street fighting.

:lol:
Image Image
Chamberly

Unread post by Chamberly »

About the close kill range... once in awhile I would spawn and go into a spot that looks empty, and then next thing happened is I got shot and I hear that it is very close (regardless I'm hard of hearing or not!) and I noticed that... because I was looking in one direction and the person what was behind me, backed up and shot me. It happened to me a few times and I would rather appreciate them letting me know that I am in their spot by accident, not back up and kill me. Hmm... :axe:
Image lol

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”