Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

Eskimo

Really? WTF?

Unread post by Eskimo »

Nuker decided he doesn't care about rules and:

assaulted two people
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/6301/closekill.png

then, not even five minutes later, shot me in the back as I was leaving his position, even after I told him I was leaving.
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/2776/backshot.png
NATAN
Site Admin

Re: Really? WTF?

Unread post by NATAN »

On the first part he is right as what he states there. When flying a redeemer the one who flights the redeemer can be shot legaly at close range. We do not consider this as a close kill because in fact the player is elsewhere flying his redeemer.

On the second part we'll have to wait till we have his side of the story.

Thanks for coming to the forum.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
Nuker

Unread post by Nuker »

NUKER Here,
I was the 1 that left first and fast and far as soon as he came into the same box as me. i didn't see what he wrote (I'll Leave") as I was already on the move. Eskimo was running across an open section of floor when i stuck my head out to have a look see. i did NOT know it was him and I popped his head like a ZIT. Eskimo then freaked out and left. I did NOT know it was him. I don't play that chicken-shit style. i apologized to him earlier as I killed CUTTER while he was flying a Deemer and saw Eskimo standing a few meters away from CUTTER and I swung over & killed him too. He was adamant that i apologize so I did. Eskimo seemed to be trying to be offended and fulfilled his wish. Oh well.
NUKER

:minigun:
I am proud to have you judge me as a man
through the lens of my enemies’ character.
kitty

Unread post by kitty »

I did not know that the one who flights the redeemer can be shot legaly at close range. I can see this being a bad thing since I'm on that hesitant to shoot anyone in close range. Being shot at close range sucks no matter when....lol
Image Image
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

Sometimes I do not shot people including at long range... :mrgreen:
With the inevitable results for me.... :P
Eskimo

Unread post by Eskimo »

I wouldn't care at all, I'm used to playing on [UT] camping server with absolutely no rules, but if I had done these things on the DOU server, I would have either had to apologize or have my ass handed to me by a member.

Of course rules are going to be broken on accident, it happens. The thing that frustrated me was that he didn't care at all. Nuker has no respect for other players (at least from what I've observed, which honestly isn't all that much) and doesn't understand that just because something isn't a rule, it isn't in the spirit of camping.

For the record, I can't find anything in the rules that indicate there's an exception to this rule:
SNIPER RULES wrote:DO not rush another players position to shoot them, kill from a distance. Sometimes you will enter an occupied room accidently or spawn close to another person, the close kill mod was added to avoid close kill fighting, leave the area do not back up to get out of the no kill zone then shoot the player or you will be kicked.
especially one about redeemers.
kitty

Unread post by kitty »

I have been playing to nice.....Most of the time I won't shoot someone I bumped into, even if I can nail that spot from across the map.

I know how much I love the little hiding spots...If I find a place I love...I'm not moving till I run out of ammo :snipe:

By the way...can we move that up to 600 rounds?....lol
....Or put out more ammo boxes.
Image Image
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Its near to impossible to put everything that isnt alowed or is alowed on the sniper rules.
We have always discussions about our own sniper rules by the members. Even at this moment there are some topics about rule clarifications. They are in the DOU members only area of the forum.

We have put up the eight most important and most broken rules on the sniper rules. Some rules will have exceptions, like there is when using a redeemer. If you’re gonna be strict to aplying these rules every redeemer hit could even be considered as a close kill.
To put in every exception of a rule to the sniper rules it would not make them easier to understand.

Sometimes you just have to learn there are exceptions to a rule by expierience it when playing on a server.

I’ve played with you on our server, Eskimo, and I think you are a pretty good camper. Ofcourse we make mistakes every now and then and even I am guilty of those. Saying sorry does wonders when you’re not making the same mistakes over and over again. I’m sure Nuker has all the good intentions when he is a admin on the server, but even then we’re still human. That’s why it is appreciated when guests come to the forum to sort things out.

Will you come to TS3 to chat with us while gaming? It will make things easier to understand and we will get to know eachother better when playing a game on the server.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

kitty wrote:I have been playing to nice.....Most of the time I won't shoot someone I bumped into, even if I can nail that spot from across the map.

I get killed because of this all the time. If i come up on you, I leave. I know where you are, but even 5 min later I will not shoot you. But most people don't play like that so I get killed. All that matters to me is that I feel good about how I played.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
Nuker

Unread post by Nuker »

NUKER Here,
Eskimo I don't know what makes you think you know me well enough to accuse me of NOT caring about the players on the Clan DOU server. I don't even remember seeing you on our server before this night. I frankly don't care what you think of me as I have a clean record of treating even chronic problem players with fairness. You accuse me of cheap kills and low brow tactics. LOLOLOLOL look at my scores you fool!!! I regularly quit a game I am winning due to admin responsibilities. I can only end this in one way, please know that if we play together I'll have the most EXQUISITE pleasure tracking you down with my DEEMERS & watching you blow up real good like!!!

THEY CALL ME NUKER!!!

pssst read my signature
::violent069::
I am proud to have you judge me as a man
through the lens of my enemies’ character.
knightmare

Unread post by knightmare »

ALL THAT PLAY ON OUR SERVER GETS A CHEAP SHOT AT SOME POINT. THE DOU MEMBERS GIVE UP ALOT OF KILLS, AND WE GET KILLED MORE BECAUSE WE TRY TO SHOW COURTESY TO THE NEWBEES. AS FOR " DOU NUKER", I PLAYED WITH HIM FOR YEARS ON ANOTHER SERVER ,BEFORE WE BECAME DOU MEMBERS. HE ALWAYS PLAYED WITH RESPECT AND TREATED OTHER SNIPERS FAIR. THE DOU SERVER HAS A " NO CLOSE KILL RULE", IT OFTEN GETS CONFUSED, WHEN THEIR IS ALOT OF PLAYERS PLAYING, BUT OUR ADMIN DOES A GREAT JOB IN TRYING TO CONTROLL THE CHAOS. MY BEST ADVISE TO YOU, IS TO PLAY ON THE DOU SERVER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, THEN YOU WILL SEE THAT OUR MEMBERS AND FRIENDS PLAY FAIR. I HOPE TO SEE YOU ON OUR SERVER SOON.
BITE ME
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

knightmare wrote:ALL THAT PLAY ON OUR SERVER GETS A CHEAP SHOT AT SOME POINT. THE DOU MEMBERS GIVE UP ALOT OF KILLS, AND WE GET KILLED MORE BECAUSE WE TRY TO SHOW COURTESY TO THE NEWBEES. AS FOR " DOU NUKER", I PLAYED WITH HIM FOR YEARS ON ANOTHER SERVER ,BEFORE WE BECAME DOU MEMBERS. HE ALWAYS PLAYED WITH RESPECT AND TREATED OTHER SNIPERS FAIR. THE DOU SERVER HAS A " NO CLOSE KILL RULE", IT OFTEN GETS CONFUSED, WHEN THEIR IS ALOT OF PLAYERS PLAYING, BUT OUR ADMIN DOES A GREAT JOB IN TRYING TO CONTROLL THE CHAOS. MY BEST ADVISE TO YOU, IS TO PLAY ON THE DOU SERVER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, THEN YOU WILL SEE THAT OUR MEMBERS AND FRIENDS PLAY FAIR. I HOPE TO SEE YOU ON OUR SERVER SOON.
Good said, I agree with your thoughts. On the other hand I'm not going to sink to the dirty play level.
I think the DOU should always play fair - this is i.a. a magnet which attracts other players to our server.
And remember that there is one and only one IP,
which you must never forget:

173.208.146.178:7777
Mr Underhill

Unread post by Mr Underhill »

Two things:

Eskimo: "Nuker doesn't care!" Holy Shit I'll call the newspapers. Never seen you on the server but after reading what you wrote here, I feel like cheap shotting you right now. You could have been cool about it and somewhat diplomatic but you weren't throwing out accusations on one of our admin. Our server bro - respect it or leave. It's real simple.

Nuker: Regarding cheap shots - I have before and will continue to cheap shot you at every opportunity I get and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. 10.1m on my scope is all I need puck-head! :rofl:
Mr U

Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.
-Colonel Mertz von Quirnheim
Pie

Unread post by Pie »

Eskimo is my husband. I've played on your server quite a few times, as well as he has. Usually, we play together as a means of spending time together. Otherwise, I don't usually even play UT anymore. I've lost most of my interest in the game.

Most of you might not always see either one of us, but that's because we recently moved to England, due to Eskimo being in the Air Force. Unless we want to get on at 2-4am our time to play UT, we're stuck with whatever servers are populated when we're on.

Sadly, we normally have to frequent the [UT] Camper server, which I despise. I used to be in }PsT{, and for me, the more strict the rules are for camping the better. I can't stand playing on a camping server with no rules. Eskimo usually doesn't care, but he feels the "up-close killing" is a good respectable rule to have when camping. Otherwise, how are you camping if you go up to someone and assault them?

Now, I refuse to use redeemers on a camping server, as I feel that completely defeats the whole point in camping, but Eskimo frequently does it. However, he'd never go up to someone who's shooting off a deemer just to get a cheap shot, so he doesn't expect it in return. As I said, the "up-close killing" is definitely one rule he thinks should actually be enforced on all camping servers. Even on [UT] with NO up-close kill rules, he tries to leave a spot if he spawns near someone, or asks others to leave, but of course always ends up killed, because those people don't care if it's not a set rule.

Honestly, Clan DOU is not strict enough for me to fully enjoy camping, unlike the [TKK] or }PsT{ servers, but as I said, with our time zones, we're pretty limited. So, when I get to choose between the [UT] server and the Clan DOU server, I obviously choose Clan DOU, and so does my husband.

We try to go on to have fun. I can't imagine he wanted to disrespect anyone, but even I have gotten pissed at Clan DOU admins for breaking rules, because they're suddenly modified at the last second. It was probably about a year ago or so. It was the PizzaShop map. I went up in the ceiling through the secret teleport, which puts you in the spot with the lightbulb. I would've gone back through, but the Clan DOU member (whom I can't remember the name of atm) who was sitting there killed me anyways. When I asked him about the up-close kill rule, he stated that it doesn't count in secret areas, which I thought was BS. At the time, you guys didn't have the up-close kill mod. I used to get pissed playing on your server all the time, cause i felt the rules were never properly enforced. It's been so long since I've played on a proper "more strict" camping server, that I haven't had much issues on DOU recently.

I told him it was basically a waste for him to post here complaining, as it's your server, and you can do whatever you want anyways, but he had already posted. I'm not trying to cause trouble, myself, but claiming he's a "noob" because you've rarely played on the server, doesn't make him one. He and I both have been playing on camping and freestyle sniper servers for more than a few years, [TKK] being our first. We play on Clan DOU as often as it's populated, but we're 5-8 hours ahead of most of the other people who play on the server.

I know this was a long post/rant, but hopefully, at least one person will take the time to read this through.

Edit: In case you took offense to my opinion on which server I prefer playing on and why, just know that Eskimo doesn't share that opinion, and normally enjoys playing on your server. As I said, we play on Clan DOU any time it's populated enough to enjoy camping on various maps. My opinions are not his, but I didn't care for people making him sound like a bad person just because he cares about a rule being followed. He takes time to think about what he posts before he does it, so don't think he rushes to his words. So, if he posts it, than it's worth knowing that he cared about what he said.
Grubb Industries

Unread post by Grubb Industries »

Hello,

I have seen both of you in the server, please don't ever feel it is a waste of time to post here, and yes I read your entire rant. We try to keep the server fun for all but there are times when things do happen beyond our control.
At times the server gets very busy and a couple run and gunners get everyone's adrenalin pumping, the end result is kaos. That goes for DOU Members as well, I have had many break rules against me as have I done the same on occasion.
That does not make it right. If I see a DOU member out of hand he will be kicked, no warning given. it has happened in the past and I'm sure it will happen again.
As far as being a strict camping server and deemers, I can't say much, I hate deemers as well, but not my server to pick and choose what goes on. I have to deal with them like all the rest of the players in DOU server.
We try to be strict to our rules to weed out trouble makers and excessive rule breakers, this in hope to keep the server a fun place to play for DOU and our guests, I'm truly sorry Eskimo had a bad experience while playing. I hope in the future it will be better.

Grubb Industries
Fighting for peace is like
Screwing for virginity

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”