Time for a New Rig

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

Re: Time for a New Rig

Unread post by Otis_Firefly »

Thanks aMaXam for the in depth reply. I've never had the notion to build my own system - but it's something I may be interested in. My Machine came from Dell about 3 years ago. I believe that I have the Nvid7300, 3GB Ram and an Intel Core 6300 @ 1.86 GHz which I have no idea how it stacks up with most machines. I've never had an Issue playing the newest games until I got Dead Space and it sucks! Really choppy and freezes up all the time. Looks like a cool game but I really wouldn't know :lol: .
Anyhow - it's got me thinking that I may want to update some stuff and have been looking at the Nvid 9300 card as they say it's recommended for gamers.

And sorry to hear about your small drive Jarg - however I hear that it's not really the size of the drive that matters but the quality of the stuff that resides on it! :D

+ VISTA BLOWS! When I got my machine they were sending out a Vista disc with it for only $20.00 or something, so I figured I would try it out. Long story short and three re-formats later. I'm running XP Media Edition - but to me no OS stacks up to the solid reliability of 98. Unfortunately none of the programs I use in business will run on 98.
{DOU}Jay

Re: Time for a New Rig

Unread post by {DOU}Jay »

Hahah Jargonaut!

Otis:

No Problem man. I always like to help.

If your computer is running the games you like, then dont worry much about it.

If your having trouble running those new games like you said, then your going to want to build a new box.

I doubt that your Dell has a mainboard with a PCI-Express slot, which is needed for the hardcore cards. Anything less is just "ok".

check this pig of a card out....

ATI Radeon 4870 X2

Dual GPU's AND Crossfire ready. Imagine running four of those..... :D

Return to “Computer Chatter”