brightness...

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

T-Bone

brightness...

Unread post by T-Bone »

my (gay) laptop has a problem with the in game brightness its super dark and i tried the default settings.

i know there where a couple of things that i could type in does anyone remember them?

i used: set zoneinfo ambient brightness
-that didnt work too well
Draco

Re: brightness...

Unread post by Draco »

You really don't want to use that command on a server running PURE. PURE considers it a questionable tweak and disables it. Download and install the opengl driver listed on this page linked below. It should brighten the screen up nicely for you by hitting F11.

http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/

~Johnny Jones
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

Unread post by Otis_Firefly »

I don't have a laptop but I use a Huey (http://www.pantone.com/pages/products/p ... id=79&ca=2) for photo editing and precise color correction. It lets me create Adobe profiles for standard web browsing, photo editing and another for gaming. The little sensor sits along side my monitor and reads the ambient light and adjusts the monitor as it (light) changes in my office. Don't know if it will work for you - but it's totally cool on my machine.

Does the brightness option in the preferences part of your UT GUI not work at all for you? I have mine set to the highest setting. Also I believe that the F11 thing that Draco speaks of is already the default in-game brightness control giving you brightness control in increments from 1/10 to 10/10. Have you tried these options?

Also - your laptops choice to be gay probably wasn't a choice at all. It's probably been gay since birth. Unfortunately -it wont be able to marry another gay laptop in the states of California or Florida anymore. Shame. :(
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

If hitting F11 does nothing for you before the upgrade, it's just the driver you have is out of date. The drivers I linked to will make F11 functional and all should be right in the world. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones
T-Bone

Unread post by T-Bone »

hitting f11 did nothing before it told me brightness was moving up & down but i got nothing, updated to what eva that was it seems to be a lil brighter but same thing f11 dosnt make a difference no matter what the number is,

i remeber someone telling me to typ something in and i worked great to bad i forgot it tho :(
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

Unread post by Otis_Firefly »

Well Damn - your laptop is Gay. :evil:

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”