Did anyone ever sort out why...

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
{DOU}cHiCkEn

Did anyone ever sort out why...

Unread post by {DOU}cHiCkEn »

the forum always throws you to either the bottom or middle of the page when you click on a forum topic or message and you have to scroll up to look for new posts or to read the first posts in a thread?
Moon

Re: Did anyone ever sort out why...

Unread post by Moon »

Not mine ! I always appear on top left or podts or pages.

BTW, the active yellow icones that show new topics or new posts in the main forum page never disappear (always saying I didn't go to the forum and opened no posts)
The only way for me to see new posts is asking "view new posts"

Anyone else ?
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

{DOU}cHiCkEn wrote:the forum always throws you to either the bottom or middle of the page when you click on a forum topic or message and you have to scroll up to look for new posts or to read the first posts in a thread?

Yup, still same shit here too...
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

It does not happen to me anymore here at home, but it does occur at work. :?
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

{DOU}cHiCkEn wrote:the forum always throws you to either the bottom or middle of the page when you click on a forum topic or message and you have to scroll up to look for new posts or to read the first posts in a thread?
This is because Joomla (the website software you see with the homepage and elsewhere, like nuke) holds the forum in a "wrapper." Thus, when you click a link and go to a new page, it positions that page the same as the one before it. So if you are at the bottom of a page and click something, it will open with that page the same way.

Razor has been working on a fix for this, and he said something to me a few days ago that leads me to believe that the fix is coming soon. In the mean time, just be patient, we will have a fix for it as soon as we can.

I am not crazy about it either, but I suppose I have become used to it.

Tommy
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Moon wrote:BTW, the active yellow icones that show new topics or new posts in the main forum page never disappear (always saying I didn't go to the forum and opened no posts)
The only way for me to see new posts is asking "view new posts"

Anyone else ?
I am going to have to say that this problem is probably unique to you or to just a few people. I have recently used the forum with different browsers, different OS's, and even different computers. Each time I switched, everything was fine.

I am going to assume that this is either a cache problem (more likely) or a cookie problem (less likely). Try turning the browser cache off (set it to cache 0 megs) for a few days and see what happens.

Unless a person is on dial-up, I recommend using a zero-cache anyway. It ensures that your pages will always be up-to-date.

Tommy
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

I've been dealing with this problem too.
It happens on all of the computers I have accessed the forum from...3 at home and a couple here at work.
It is a tad annoying.
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

There is some code to link to a section of a webpage that will direct you to it. maybe adding something to direct everyone to the top of each page will help?
{DOU}

Return to “Computer Chatter”