UT 99 Crash when trying to join....

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

brad1138

UT 99 Crash when trying to join....

Unread post by brad1138 »

I know I am not the only one this happens to and I know it isn't just your server, but it seems on most "Camping/sniping" servers about 1/2 the time I try to join games, UT crashes out to Windows. It never happens on servers that only have the standard maps, seems to be more likely on larger maps. I have noticed it isn't the specific map, yesterday I played 1 map fine, then later joined and it happened to be the same map, and it crashed. UT comes up, I can see the map and my weapon but just as the kill count and all stats would appear around the screen, crash. This happens on multiple computers, and after full reinstalls of the OS and/or Game, and at different houses with different ISPs. I tried yesterday upgrading to patch 4.51b (from 4.36), but that didn't help. Is there a common cause of this or a fix? I enjoy this server but having to restart UT99 all the time is a pain in the ass.

Brad,
aka {KAI}PPE
Concrete

Re: UT 99 Crash when trying to join....

Unread post by Concrete »

Mine has not crashed for months now. Not sure but this does not happen here that much that I know of. Maybe a driver problem. Anyone else?
I killed a six-pack just to watch it die.
Without question the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you the wheel was also a fine invention, but a wheel does not go as well with pizza.
Evil

Unread post by Evil »

What crash precisely? The GPF or something else?
brad1138

What crash precisely? The GPF or something else?
It looks like this, although the message varies every time.

Concrete

Unread post by Concrete »

Ok I think I used to have the same problem. If you go to the ZSZ forums they have posted a fix for what I think is this same problem. Hope it helps.
I killed a six-pack just to watch it die.
Without question the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you the wheel was also a fine invention, but a wheel does not go as well with pizza.
Badmotor

Unread post by Badmotor »

2 items for you.

1st: You didn't need to upgrade to 4.51b, this is for server side and will do nothing for your game. v4.36 is the best version to run.

2nd: You probably never upped your netspeed for the game. Open you System Console (~ key) and type netspeed 10000

Always remember, run a cache cleaner after downloading new maps from servers.

On another note seeing the General Protection fault it looks like it could be possibly a redirect file issue. That meaning a file located on the DOU redirect server has gone corrupt. I see it from time to time on the server I run, its an easy fix if you know which file it is.

Hope that helps.

- |FuN|Badmotor
Evil

Unread post by Evil »

I agree the first thing to try is the netspeed setting. For a while I couldn't get on at all with that UTDC crash and setting mine to 10000 fixed it.
brad1138

Badmotor wrote:2 items for you.

1st: You didn't need to upgrade to 4.51b, this is for server side and will do nothing for your game. v4.36 is the best version to run.

2nd: You probably never upped your netspeed for the game. Open you System Console (~ key) and type netspeed 10000

Always remember, run a cache cleaner after downloading new maps from servers.

On another note seeing the General Protection fault it looks like it could be possibly a redirect file issue. That meaning a file located on the DOU redirect server has gone corrupt. I see it from time to time on the server I run, its an easy fix if you know which file it is.

Hope that helps.

- |FuN|Badmotor
Thanks,
on point #1 I was just following this post http://clandou.com//html/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3850

On point #2 I will try that thanks.

About the cache cleaner, Is there a program for that or do I just empty the cache folder.

Thanks,
Brad
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

Cache cleaners are in our DOWNLOAD SECTION
{DOU} yO mAmA

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

Badmotor wrote:

|FuN|Badmotor
I never upped my netspeed, thanks for the tip B.M. :wink:

mAmA
Badmotor

Unread post by Badmotor »

The v4.51b vs. v4.36 update, v4.51b only fixes server side issues and bugs. Players can install it but in the long run I have seen players have issues with UTDC and a couple of other server mods. I only suggest staying with v4.36 because, I believe, it was Epic's last release for the game to the players.

As far as the note for the corrupt redirect file, first see if fixing your netspeed does the trick. I only say this because G.P. shown can be a false positive for a corrupt redirect file.

Not a problem mAmA, anything to help out the community.
brad1138

The netspeed fix seems to have done it. I have joined 4 or 5 games and no crashes so far.

Thanks all,
Brad

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”