Close Revenge clarification

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

Ghost

Re: Close Revenge clarification

Unread post by Ghost »

I have to say that your server is by far the hardest server to play by the rules on becuase for the most part about half the people on it are not or the maps being picked in correlation with the amount of people in the server as well as the absent of any running mods make following the rules near impossible unless you don't mind dying allot.

Here and there I will be called out for assualt by some of your members when really all I'm doing is running from the bullets being fired at me and land in a spot where there's someone and I blast them under your rule "fight for your life" as previously stated above.

I notice allot of compaining happens on maps with secrets, where someone will be shot over and over again through a wall or something and then someone will finally just rush them to get them out of the secret. This obviously is agaist the rules and I don't do it but I've seen the type rage start when it's done.

I find for the most part most of your DOU member's are pretty tolerant of what goes on and the only person I really seem to have run ins with is Lovely. Where I'll be called for something and I will explain I didn't know he was there when I came across him or whatever else and I get the "yea sure" response as if I am lying.

Anyway, I just wanted to make it known that I play on your servers allot either at home or at work and always make an effort to follow the rules but sometimes the map or other players not following the rules get's the better of me. I'm starting to notice that just using the deemers is becoming a good camping stragedy as of late and perhaps this is how things need to be played on your server to avoid the arguments.
{DOU} yO mAmA

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

Hey Ghost, nice to see you on our boards lately.

I think a lot of times there is heightened sense of anxiety on our server caused by people abusing our rules. This seems to cause people to think everyone they see transing is freestyling, or assaulting. I have seen this while spectating, a member in vent complaining that someone has wronged them when no real rule has been broken, I know I'm not the only admin to experience this.
Also, you are right regarding the poor map choices voted for with a full ( or nearly full) server. Sometimes though, it is just the appearence of a poor choice. For example, we keep some of those maps because with 3 or 4 people they are fun and challenging, our server isn't busy all the time. Now, 10 more people enter the server in a 5 minute time span and welcome to instant kaos :lol:

mAmA
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

Alot of Coding would be needed to only allow certain maps to be picked unless if there is a stable Menu MOD that would do. Running MODs to hinder peoples movements when they need to camp in some spot would be too much of a hassle to play with.

Unfortunately you may find that there is someone camping in a nearby spot and you may want to avoid at least being heard as you hear other people moving/jumping/shooting near you which would be good advice to be more hidden from the more aggressive ppl that don't follow rules. I tend to be more relaxed when someone comes near me to give them a chance to camp elsewhere but sometimes end up being the rabbit in a hole.

If someone is getting good shots and end up getting 0 deaths even firing several deemers and cheezing ppl off by blowing them out of their camping spots are unavoidable when they end up getting the short end of the stick. So don't screw arround with the deemers unless if it is the only resort on the map.

We have had many ppl come on to our servers and try to go beyond the rules and change their names to mask who they really are so don't play under more than one alias.

There has been talk of more stringent rules as we are striving to enforce them more but we do not want to throw a MOD on to ruin most of the gameplay. The Deemers are left in-play to add to the "Fragfest" but please don't go overboard or you might have everyone else hunt your but down.

I am glad that you had the time to communicate with us on the forums as some of our guests on the servers had and please do read other topics and maybe add a little something here and there. Hope to see you on our servers whenever you have the free time and don't forget the "BOSS Key"!
{DOU}

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”