16gig

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

16gig

Unread post by Tommy »

I just got in the mail today a 16 gigabyte stick that I bought from new egg for 22 dollars after rebate. That was a VERY good deal price-wise. There were hundreds of reviews and most were positive sans the usual wah wah there is no lanyard or wah wah I lost the cap already.

Gonna test it out now.

Eventually I want to get a DIVX DVD player. This is the primary reasonI got this drive. I can put plenty of TV caps on the stick and then watch shit on the TV instead of the computer.

Wally-World has a DIVX player on sale right now for 44 dollars, I am tempted. I have one of those very trusting faces, the door people never check my receipts when I leave though they are supposed to, just say good night to me and see ya tomorrow, etc. I should just cart on of them right out the door, muhahahaha. Too bad I don't have it in me to do that, but I can dream of doing evil... maybe one day...

T
Concrete

Re: 16gig

Unread post by Concrete »

Ah you are talking about a flash drive. I read an article the other day that said a 64Gig usb stick is in the makings. All I can say is WOW for a short time then it will be a 500Gig stick and that will seem impressive.
I killed a six-pack just to watch it die.
Without question the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you the wheel was also a fine invention, but a wheel does not go as well with pizza.
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

Here very soon, Flash drives will take the place entirely of the good, old-fashioned 'wind um up and hear um spin' hard-drives. The speed of a computer will no longer be bottle-necked by it's storage and the machines will scream. AI shouldn't be that far off after that. Man-kind will DOOMED!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

~Johnny Jones
Revisio

Unread post by Revisio »

They already got 64gig's seen them the other day.
I am looking at buying a 16 gig to store all my music on because we dont got enough room on this pc. Best deal i have found was 30 something.
However i saw a 1TB external for 33 bucks i think it was
Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

My LG DVD player with upconvert to 1080i and DD5.1 does DIVX vids so I always just burn a bunch of shit to dvds and it plays them
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Concrete wrote:Ah you are talking about a flash drive. I read an article the other day that said a 64Gig usb stick is in the makings. All I can say is WOW for a short time then it will be a 500Gig stick and that will seem impressive.
Already there. I have seen flash drives as large as 128gigs in size. The Apple MacBook Air laptops also come with a 128gig SSDD (basically the same thing).

The larger drives are a bit pricey yet though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820220406

For 400 dollars I could get several TB's of old fashioned disk space.

T
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Abberation wrote:My LG DVD player with upconvert to 1080i and DD5.1 does DIVX vids so I always just burn a bunch of shit to dvds and it plays them
Thought about it but I don't yet have a TV that would benefit from that. I think the next time I make an actual investment in a player it will be blue-ray and a nice large format lcd that is very bright.

T
Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

well when the time comes may I recommend Samsung
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

I second that recommendation.
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »