Another Go

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Another Go

Unread post by Tommy »

Welps, I am gonna take another stab at learning to program. Just ordered a copy of "Visual Basic 2008 Express For The Absolute Beginner." I actually was working with the 2005 version of the same book, but as we all know, I was interrupted before I got very far with that. I still have the book but the 2005 version of VBE is no longer available for download on the MicroSloth website.

My goal is to learn how to program well enough to do a few in-house projects that I have always wanted to do. I have a great need for some "vertical market" software that just doesn't exist due to it being so vertical.

After that, I would like to use the skills I pick up to learn UT scripting and make some cool things. I pretty much work and watch TV, so maybe I can use my limited free time in a better way. I do love problem solving so I am hoping that I will enjoy the process.

I am curious if anyone else who reads this forum programs? If so, what do you do and how much experience do you have. I am sure after I dive into it I will like to talk shop now and again. Just figured it would be cool if someone else here was a coder.

T
NATAN
Site Admin

Re: Another Go

Unread post by NATAN »

Go for it Tommy. It's allways good to improve yourself.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Re: Another Go

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

I have used VB, but in business applications only. I coded a spreadsheet to read and report from an ODBC SQL database and format the data to be presented in an understandable context...
Other than that, I got nothin.
Good luck, T. I know you can do it.

Return to “Computer Chatter”