Question to all computer savy ppl

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Lestat

Question to all computer savy ppl

Unread post by Lestat »

I have recently found myself in a bit of a situation. For the last 28 years I have worked strictly in the heavy labor field, but now I can no longer to any kind of physical labor due to medical reasons. So i have been think that if I am to find a new job it will have to be behind a deck. The problem is that i don't really know much about computers, and am wondering which is the easier field to go into. I am concidering going to school to learn either web design or computer programing.
I would appreciate an advice. But keep in mind I grew up before there was anything like WINDOWS and computers used punch card to read information. The last time i took anything to do with computers is was DOS. I know it make me seem like an old fart, lol. Well I kind of am.. LMAO
.:Isabella:.

Re: Question to all computer savy ppl

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

If you were able to learn in DOS, then you will have no problem with the current systems... :D

They are much more friendly for users and professionals

Study with confidence, you'll be fine.... :D
{DOU} yO mAmA

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

I don't know a lot about computers but I do know that for certain jobs there are too many qualified candidates.

I would look into what there seems to be demand for job wise, before investing time and money in schooling only to find there are no jobs available. Check the want ads in your area and surrounding areas. If someone will pay for an ad to find an employee in this market they really need that job filled.

The tech schools will lie to you about who is hiring what so don't listen to them. Most of them don't give a rats ass whether you actually find a job or not. They just want to keep their classrooms full of people to get their money. I know this for a fact!

One of my clients told me he never hires from any of the technical trade schools because he finds that their program of studies is dated and useless.

Do a lot of research and be carefull. If you are over 40 you don't have the time to do this again if you make the wrong choice.

mAmA
Concrete

Unread post by Concrete »

I agree with Mama, don't go for the certificates. Get in an IT or CIS program and look for an internship. That is were you will get the most experience.
I killed a six-pack just to watch it die.
Without question the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you the wheel was also a fine invention, but a wheel does not go as well with pizza.

Return to “Computer Chatter”