Hello from {SUF}Gunner

A Place To Say "Hey" To Clan DOU

Moderator: NATAN

Gunner

Hello from {SUF}Gunner

Unread post by Gunner »

Hey guys! I just reinstalled UT 3 days ago. I was the founder of {SUF} "Snipers Under Fire" about 8 years ago. I'm sure you have played many of our Clan Maps. I just found your server and enjoy playing on it. Thanks for keeping UT99 alive! I have some awesome voicepacks that I made back in the day. If you want to put them on the server that would be great! I used to make them for the clan as well as skins and guns.

See ya in the shadows!
Grubb Industries

Re: Hello from {SUF}Gunner

Unread post by Grubb Industries »

Thanks for stopping by gunner, I used to play on the SUF server and was sorry to see it go.

Grubb
Fighting for peace is like
Screwing for virginity
Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

Welcome to the forum and server. SUF maps are my personal favorites
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

Welcome here and back to the wonderful world of UT99. Used to play on your servers in the day and enjoy a lot of your maps.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Hello Gunner, thanks for visiting the forum.
You're always welcome to play on our server.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
Gunner

Unread post by Gunner »

Thanks for the welcome fellas! Yeah {SUF} was a good time and I loved it while it lasted. I still have all my files from the games even after 7-8 years lol. I was wondering how I could get a voicepack on your server? Is there a chance or no. I remember how fun it was hearing different sounds rather than the same default taunts etc.. Now with the 451 patch I see you can't use UnrealED anymore which kinda sucks because you can't make voicepacks anymore but I have alaptop that is still running the 436 patch which still allows you to use URED.
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

Hi Gunner
Welcome to our forum and server... :D
Like the other guys, I love SUF maps.
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

{SUF}Gunner wrote:Thanks for the welcome fellas! Yeah {SUF} was a good time and I loved it while it lasted. I still have all my files from the games even after 7-8 years lol. I was wondering how I could get a voicepack on your server? Is there a chance or no. I remember how fun it was hearing different sounds rather than the same default taunts etc.. Now with the 451 patch I see you can't use UnrealED anymore which kinda sucks because you can't make voicepacks anymore but I have alaptop that is still running the 436 patch which still allows you to use URED.
Howdy, Gunner! Been years. I'm glad to hear you are rediscovering the old game. I just wanted to point out that the 451 patch was a server-side only patch to correct certain issues with the networking code. 436 is still the last client update to go out. Anything you make whether it be maps, skins, voice-packs, or mutators will work just fine on a 451 server when compiled in 436. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

Hi Gunner,
welcome to the forum, nice to meet you.
That's right, what they said above, SUF maps are cool.
See you on ther server again.

:peace_v:
And remember that there is one and only one IP,
which you must never forget:

173.208.146.178:7777
Gunner

Unread post by Gunner »

Draco wrote:
{SUF}Gunner wrote:Thanks for the welcome fellas! Yeah {SUF} was a good time and I loved it while it lasted. I still have all my files from the games even after 7-8 years lol. I was wondering how I could get a voicepack on your server? Is there a chance or no. I remember how fun it was hearing different sounds rather than the same default taunts etc.. Now with the 451 patch I see you can't use UnrealED anymore which kinda sucks because you can't make voicepacks anymore but I have alaptop that is still running the 436 patch which still allows you to use URED.
Howdy, Gunner! Been years. I'm glad to hear you are rediscovering the old game. I just wanted to point out that the 451 patch was a server-side only patch to correct certain issues with the networking code. 436 is still the last client update to go out. Anything you make whether it be maps, skins, voice-packs, or mutators will work just fine on a 451 server when compiled in 436. Have a good one.

~Johnny Jones
I understand that but what I am saying is if you update to 451 the UnrealED will not work anymore. So that is why I kept 436 on my laptop so I can still use unrealED and modify and make new voicepacks, skins, etc..:)

But I notice now a days the server I have been on don't have any fun voicepacks in use which is akind of a bummer because I enjoy them because the break up the manotny
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

I use UnrealEd to build maps to our server. They works fine... :D
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Gunner, glad to see you here :)

I'll break from the pack here and answer your question.

If you stick around and I find that you have become a regular here I will be happy to put the pack on the server. It would of course be a waste of time to do so if you were just passing by. Makes sense, right?

Tommy
Gunner

Unread post by Gunner »

Absolutely Tommy!

I have been in your shoes for years and know everything that ya deal with as an admin of servers.. I did it for years :) That sounds fair enough. I like the server and there arent many sniper servers left so you will see me plenty haha
Grasshopper

Unread post by Grasshopper »

Hey Gunner, hope to shoot you soon. :lol:

Grasshopper. 8)

Return to “Introduce Yourself...”