We should be charging admission.

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

NATAN
Site Admin

Re: We should be charging admission.

Unread post by NATAN »

It just a regular day in the week and they have 12 we 0 players. See that for weeks now.

5 are clan members who attract traffic.

Btw this topic is not in the members only section.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
Pink_Squirrel

Unread post by Pink_Squirrel »

NATAN wrote:It just a regular day in the week and they have 12 we 0 players. See that for weeks now.

5 are clan members who attract traffic.
It can easily be seen that several of those who usually play on the SOP server, prefer to play on this server, if there are any playing here. :)

I respectfully say that Tommy's concern should be greater with respect to Unreal Tournament 99, since it is the oldest game, but even more important, because around this game, the main and majority group of the clan was formed, between 2005 and the year 2009 approximately.

When Tommy announced that the clan would focus on a more current game, such as the COD, since the disappearance of UT99 could be glimpsed, it put an end, perhaps unintentionally, to a beautiful era.

Believing, wrongly, that the DOU clan server would close sooner rather than later, I retired to create my own server, since it did not seem right to create a new server while maintaining my membership in the DOU Clan. Others simply went away. Also the interest to make maps and skins on the part of some members like Otis and other two that I do not remember, was lost.

Over time, with the lack of variety of the server and the lack of activity of the forum, the group was dissolving until what is now. (I mean those who play UT99).

Now, some thoughts and opinions

Definitely every clan requires a leader. If the leader leaves the clan's main line, in this case the UT99 line, the clan disbanded. That is what we have seen here.

The fact that the SOP clan remains active and always has new members is due to the leader's work. Tater, the leader of the SOP clan, is actively working. He builds new maps, modifies and improves the old ones, creates patches and figures alluding to his clan. He invites and convinces new users to join the clan. In this he is pragmatic (have you heard that the SOP clan has a period of recruitment, in these times when there are hardly any interested in being recruited?)

And mainly he plays very frequently, and you can talk with him about issues related to the games and their rules, and to improve these, mods are added or modified.

In the SOP server, there are two sets of maps, quite extensive and that are alternated weekly, so that there is enough variety and play becomes entertaining.

Finally add that they are not exempt from problems with their somewhat lax and permissive rules, however they have been successful and perhaps you can learn something from them.

Sorry for my intrusion, and I'm glad that this topic is not in the "members only area", since it allowed me to comment on something that can be seen and that makes me sad. I do not belong to the clan, but I have always felt strongly linked to it.

I would like Tommy to appreciate that the long years that this clan has, are mainly due to the game of Unreal Tournament 99. The best members, the most responsible, the most fraternal and charismatic, and those most linked, have always been those who started with the UT99.

That this game is already 20 years old, in this era of great and rapid technological advances, is not something minor. Surely it is worth projecting the clan for more than 20 years, but for him it is required that the leader resume his role.
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Good post. Thanks for the input!

Rad

Unread post by Rad »

Well, be patient and wait until I have a new computer - I will definitely be back on the server and I will do traffic on it like in the old days. ::violent069::
In truth, I am attracted not so much to the game itself as to the possibility of contacting all of you - you are all cool people. ::happygoof::
And remember that there is one and only one IP,
which you must never forget:

173.208.146.178:7777
vioguez

Unread post by vioguez »

Good to see :snipe:

frag_magnet

Unread post by frag_magnet »

We're worried about you, Rad. Do you need more super glue to fix your PC?
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Tommy's got some special glue... :rofl:

frag_magnet

Yeah, but I don't think that glue is gonna fix anything!
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

Glue is not a problem. It would be better to say that I need good rubber to stretch my time, which I still lack. I'm quite busy.

And as for the computer, I'm going to buy a new one. My old one worked 12 years and fully satisfied my requirements. I would like the next also not to be worse than that.
I hesitate in choosing the processor - between Intel i5 8600 Coffee Lake and AMD Ryzen 5 2600. Next thing is a graphics card, I am inclined towards the NVIDIA Geforce 1060 GTX. Although GEFORCE RTX 2060 just appeared - more expensive about 60%. I wonder whether to take this card, or maybe 1060 GTX enough for a few years?
I'm not going to spend money on something that in 5 years will be obsolete and will no longer want to work with any new system or software.
If you have any suggestions and experience, I will be grateful.
I miss you all too :peace_v:

frag_magnet

Just felt obligated to post something since there ought to be something new at least once a week. Also, probably not good to go longer than a month without checking on Rad. :shock:
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

frag_magnet wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:38 pm Just felt obligated to post something since there ought to be something new at least once a week. Also, probably not good to go longer than a month without checking on Rad. :shock:

LeadFree

Unread post by LeadFree »

I am on every day. I open up faves and see DOU empty so play at HOF where I hate the jumping around. Often see Balony and Troll there as well. Rarely find anyone at dou but it remains my go to site. Would play at SOP rather than HOF but the renderer that troll gave me is not recognized at SOP and it boots me.

I admit Boom Mangler and Frag are frequent visitors,but rarely for more than a couple of maps so it is often hit and miss.

As for stats on play time/visits, I do not know where to find them.

Servers are down all day today :smash:

Rad remains AWOL :loco:
frag_magnet

LeadFree wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:17 pm I am on every day. I open up faves and see DOU empty so play at HOF where I hate the jumping around.
A lot of times if other servers are already populated, if you just get on DOU and start playing it will attract other players to come over because so many also won't stick their toe in the pool until somebody else does first. I play nothing but DOU and am amazed at how long I'll see it empty and then once I start playing people often pile on. There are several others that prefer us to the other servers, but won't come in unless somebody is already there first.

I will admit that here lately it isn't uncommon to see all the servers empty and that is just a sign of the times.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

frag_magnet wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 12:45 am
I will admit that here lately it isn't uncommon to see all the servers empty and that is just a sign of the times.
There is something I want to say about this but the members only area would be more appropriate so look there for a thread called "Sign of the times."

T
IsabellaSM

Unread post by IsabellaSM »

Tommy wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:06 am
There is something I want to say about this but the members only area would be more appropriate so look there for a thread called "Sign of the times."

T
Oh.... :(

Can I get access to that topic ? :cry:

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”