For the NON REDEEMER folks here. A little help from Jarg.

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

{DOU}The Jargonaut

For the NON REDEEMER folks here. A little help from Jarg.

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

Okay. I know that for most of you, redeemering is a new thing. The tournament will be a little lopsided towards the SRA folks. Therefore, I will give you all a little training on how to be successful with redeemers.

Rule 1. Know the maps.
Map knowledge is key in ANY of the UT mods that I have played. Same applies to redeemers. Since spawn killing is not only accepted, but encouraged in redeemers, knowing the spawn locations will greatly enhance your score. Also, find a place that is easily defended. Your redeemer is not only an offensive weapon, but defensive as well. If you see a guided deemer coming towards you. you can detonate one in front of it, destroying the enemy deemer and maybe getting a frag or two in the process.

Rule 2. Learn the redeemer blast radius and characteristics.
You will be surprised at how many times you can save yourself by knowing the blast radius. I can judge how far away I need to be from a a detonation to survive and maybe take out the person that fired it.
Also, use the objects in the game to shield yourself. If you can hide behind or around it, use it for cover.
Rule 3. Try NOT to suicide.
This is perhaps the single toughest thing to learn in redeemering. If there is a deemer headed for you, do NOT fire. It is better to let the other person have the kill than you loosing a frag. Human nature seems to go against this, as we all seem to fire when things are getting out of control. Learn when to fire and when not too.

There are a bunch of other tips to give, but my SRA friends would get mad if I let too much outta the hat. Perhaps Happy Camper, Moon, and DarkMatter will post a few other tricks for you.
Good luck in the tournament!
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

Thanks for all Jarg !
I already put a link to go to the Redeemer University in RI !... I learned a lot of it !
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
Scify

Unread post by Scify »

Here tip u spwan on that box on deck 16 best thing to shoot and jump off same time. If somebody there you kill them and they kill you.
" If I had a brain, I'd be dangerous!"
{DOU}The Jargonaut

If any DOU members are interested, I can give you a training lesson online for the tips and tricks to redeemers. You can watch me while in spectator mode and see some of the techniques used in winning a redeemer match. I welcome anyone that is interested in teaching as well, as there are several members here that are great redeemer players.
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

The Jargonaut wrote:If any DOU members are interested, I can give you a training lesson online for the tips and tricks to redeemers. You can watch me while in spectator mode and see some of the techniques used in winning a redeemer match. I welcome anyone that is interested in teaching as well, as there are several members here that are great redeemer players.
I would like to do that as I suck big time (shut up Tommy)
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.
§h¤®tï£

Unread post by §h¤®tï£ »

{DOU}Charger wrote:
The Jargonaut wrote:If any DOU members are interested, I can give you a training lesson online for the tips and tricks to redeemers. You can watch me while in spectator mode and see some of the techniques used in winning a redeemer match. I welcome anyone that is interested in teaching as well, as there are several members here that are great redeemer players.
I would like to do that as I suck big time (shut up Tommy)
I would as well. 'Cause I'm worse then charger at deemer. I keep suiciding... =(
Life isn't about Finding Yourself.
Life is about Creating Yourself.

Never Look Down on Someone
Unless You are Helping Them Up.
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Excellent! We can schedule some time on the deemer server for next weekend.
My work is sending me to a class on how to be a better manager this week. I will have to drive a LONG way each day, so I will not have much time during the week.
{DOU}Charger

Unread post by {DOU}Charger »

The Jargonaut wrote:Excellent! We can schedule some time on the deemer server for next weekend.
My work is sending me to a class on how to be a better manager this week. I will have to drive a LONG way each day, so I will not have much time during the week.
It would have to be before 1 pm est or after 4:30 pm est Sat. for both of us. We have a meeting and Tourney # 12 during that time. Shortie and I will be skiing on Sun.
Fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics.
Even if you win you're still retarded.

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”