New Solution

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

New Solution

Unread post by Tommy »

I have found a new solution for the bot problem with the LMS server.

The problem as it stands now is that if a game is in progress you will enter the server as a spectator. As such you cannot play until the next map and cannot vote a new map in (spectators aren't allowed to vote, and thats hardwired in, no way to change it). So if there are 2 or more bots that are equal in score, the server will go into sudden death overtime. But if the bots are just standing around and not actively persuing each other, the server will just hang until I learn of it and come in and change the map. Thus the server becomes unplayable.

The solution I have learned about comes in the form of a new map change mutator. It will automatically change the map after a preset amount of time if there are no human players. I would most likely set this to 1 minute since I am sure most people wouldn't care which bot wins anyway. It won't constantly change maps since if there are no human players the server once changing maps will sit in standby mode waiting for a new game to start (all UT99 servers are like this).

Please be aware that I have not tested this yet so I do not know for sure that it will work as advertised. But it does look promising so i will spend some time on it tonight and see what we can come up with.

Hopefully this will solve the problem that has been causing problems from the beginning. The only other solution that I know of is to reduce the bot count to 1, which is something I doubt any of us want.

T

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”