Cod4X Server

Our COD4:MW Servers

Moderator: Dylan

Dylan

Cod4X Server

Unread post by Dylan »

Welcome! We have put up a new Cod4X server on ip 173.208.146.179. What is Cod4X you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked that. Cod4X is a version of Cod4 (that we play) that has been improved and is still under development. This version should provide better hit detection, more map selection (including but not limited to Broadcast. Your welcomed Tommy) and just a better feel of the game. In order to join the server, a little client side (that's you) interaction has to take place. That's what I'll be explaining here.

1st: You need to download the attached file in this post. It is a zip file. You will need to be able to extract the contents of this file. So if you don't have a program to extract zip files, you'll need to download one like winrar or 7zip.
Note: On my PC, I copied the entire contents of my Cod game and put it in another folder that I created so this wouldn't patch my original game. Because once you patch your game with this, you won't be able to play on the regular servers. So yes, I have 2 versions of the game. If you do this, you have to launch the game from this folder. To make this easy, I went to the newly created folder and right clicked the iw3mp.exe and sent it to the desktop to create a shortcut and renamed that shortcut Cod4X so I don't mix it up with the original one.

2nd: After you extract the contents of the zip file, you will need to put the contents in your Call Of Duty root folder. At this point, this should be your newly created directory or if you didn't do that, it should look like this:
Retail Version (cd install) C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare
Steam Installed version C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

3rd: You now should be in your Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare folder and see the new files you just put in there along with the original game files. So now you should see these new files:

cod4x_017.dll
crashrpt1403.dll
crashrpt_lang.ini
crashsender1403.exe
dbghelp.dll
install.cmd
miles32.dll
mss32.dll
msvcp100.dll
msvcr100.dll
msvcrt.dll
uninstall.cmd

Double click the install.cmd file. This will patch the game. You might have to run it as administrator.
Launch the game and check in the bottom right corner if CoD4X is displayed
Attachments
cod4x_client_17_9.zip
(3.13 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
"If one person has an imaginary friend, they're crazy. If multiple people have the same imaginary friend, it's religion."

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: Cod4X Server

Unread post by Tommy »

Well, hell...

T

Return to “Clan {DOU} Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Game Servers”