Players controls freeze up when on server

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

HappyFnCamper

Players controls freeze up when on server

Unread post by HappyFnCamper »

Hi...I have heard peeps like GeeNutz, Jimm400, and a couple others say they freeze up and can't move or fire. It used to happen on the CG server a long time ago. Am I right to understand that we got the file setup from Hermski? If so maybe someone can drop him a note to see what, if anything he did to stop that. I waited a few days to post this to see if it was just a random glitch...however it seems to happen sevral times a day on the server so it seems to be a real prob to look into. A reconnect or reboot doesn't always seem to help. Perhaps it's a map problem for some folks rather than the deemer server setup. Don't know myself just throwin out ideas.

Frag Ya Ltr!
HappyFnCamper
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

Ok Camp, I'll send a mail to Herm to ask him if his knows what to do in that case ! :wink:
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: Players controls freeze up when on server

Unread post by Tommy »

HappyFnCamper wrote:Hi...I have heard peeps like GeeNutz, Jimm400, and a couple others say they freeze up and can't move or fire. It used to happen on the CG server a long time ago. Am I right to understand that we got the file setup from Hermski? If so maybe someone can drop him a note to see what, if anything he did to stop that. I waited a few days to post this to see if it was just a random glitch...however it seems to happen sevral times a day on the server so it seems to be a real prob to look into. A reconnect or reboot doesn't always seem to help. Perhaps it's a map problem for some folks rather than the deemer server setup. Don't know myself just throwin out ideas.
I got the arena mutator from him, but nothing in the way of set-up, I did that myself. I'll look at the settings but I don't know off the top of my head what could be causing this. If most people are ok, then it is most likely a bad client setting. I'll look at it and post more soon.

T
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

Camp, Tommy,

Here is Herm's answer :

Hermskii wrote:

> I had that problem. The fix for it was to upgrade the firmware in my router. I had a Linksys router. Once I upgraded the firmware, the problem went away. Let me know how it goes.

So... I don't know if it's our solution ?...
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

Hey tommy hermskii wrote a server manual have you seen it, i know you set up a few servers but might be worth a look for you if you need it HERE is his home page its in the list on the left.

Dark :idea: :idea: :idea: :!: :!: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Moon wrote:Camp, Tommy,

Here is Herm's answer :

Hermskii wrote:

> I had that problem. The fix for it was to upgrade the firmware in my router. I had a Linksys router. Once I upgraded the firmware, the problem went away. Let me know how it goes.

So... I don't know if it's our solution ?...
No idea...do those having the problem all use a router? I'm pretty sure now that there is no problem with the server.

T
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

I can't say more ?!... Herm sent that answer because the router he used for the CG server was doing that problem...
I have not any other small idea about this prob but yesterday, Jimm400 was stuck without any way to move almost every 2 maps !??... :(
:( :cry:
*DARKMATTER*

I get the problem on 4 maps off hand i cant remember which they are but no router used here i just have to wait till the next map to play (ohh one of the maps is redeemer fun or something like that were ur in seperate rooms and have to fire thru the gaps into the central core)
Also have a general problem with the bots, can be on any map there sorta hunched up moving around with the weapon hand held out and one leg no animation in them they just glide along everything else is ok when this happens tho that doesnt really spoil the gameplay
Dark
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Moon wrote:I can't say more ?!... Herm sent that answer because the router he used for the CG server was doing that problem...
Moon, I am not hosting the game from my home computer. This is on a machine at a data center...there is no cablemodem router involved.

Does anybody have the ability to reproduce the problem? If I can see it I can fix it :)

T
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

Tommy wrote:
Moon wrote:I can't say more ?!... Herm sent that answer because the router he used for the CG server was doing that problem...
Moon, I am not hosting the game from my home computer. This is on a machine at a data center...there is no cablemodem router involved.

Does anybody have the ability to reproduce the problem? If I can see it I can fix it :)

T
Ok ! But I have no other idea to add ?... :cry:
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

This still occuring?

T
*DARKMATTER*

Yes just spent a few mins looking at a few maps and DM-Slapshot and redeemer fun are 2 maps it happened on

Dark :evil: :evil: :twisted:
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

o.k., here is what I need next...the next time it happens (everyone this happens to pay attention here) I want you to type:

suicide

in the console. That will kill you. Then when you re-spawn tell me if you are still stuck or if you can move again.

This should tell me if it is a mutator problem or a deeper server problem.

T
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

I think it won't be the solution as Jimm400 spant several whole games without being able to move but he's been killed a dozen times while each map... :?
Hope your idea should be the good one !...
*DARKMATTER*

Moon wrote:I think it won't be the solution as Jimm400 spant several whole games without being able to move but he's been killed a dozen times while each map... :?
Hope your idea should be the good one !...
Have to agree with moon i have been killed too many times during this but will now go and try it and let you know what happens

Dark

*Edit been in tried map redeemer fun typed in suicide nothing changed died came back on unable to move or shoot

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”