Compliments...

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Compliments...

Unread post by Tommy »

Compliments of the insurance company, tomorrow (if all goes well) I am getting my new iMac.

Look here:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s ... co=MTE3MDM

It is the 3rd one, the 2.8ghz 24" model.

I tried to get it tonight at BestBuy but they had none in stock. They offered to order it for me but I want it now, not 2 weeks from now, so I am going to drive up to the Apple store in Charlotte and get it.

Some guy reviewed it. The review isn't all that worth reading as it is not a pro-review, but look at the picture:

http://blog.stevofc.com/2008/05/04/24-i ... hz-review/

It is a good picture as it is on a desk so you can get an idea of how big it actually is. Bestbuy didn't have it, but they had one on display. I knew it was gonna be big, but I did not expect it to be *that* big. It really took me back. The brightness of it was beyond compare. There were other large 24"-25" monitors from other companies next to it, but the iMac just blew them away. I am not surprised by that since the 17" iMac I have has a stunning display as well. The specs on the machine are very nice, read it if you get a chance. It is a beefy machine that will be useful for years to come. Hell, with it having built in wireless, it will die before I run out of use for it (always something to use an old computer for if you can network it).

Anyway, in an otherwise dismal exsistance, this will be a very nice distraction. Imagine watching Atlantis and BSG on that screen!!!

I am just wondering how gaming will be on it, if the monitor will actually end up being too big?

Tommy
pebcak

Re: Compliments...

Unread post by pebcak »

Cool, but I have to ask. Why the iMac and not a MacPro? Never mind I looked at the web site and the MacPro is a $1,000 more expensive before a monitor.

I have a friend that does design work and 3-D modeling. He just started a new job and bought him a 2 processor quad-core 16GB RAM Mac pro with the 30" Cinema display an a 20" Wacom Cintq monitor/digitizing pad (http://www.wacom.com/cintiq/index.cfm).

Pretty fucking nice even if it is a Mac.
{DOU}pebcak

I love the sound of "GODLIKE" in the morning.
{DOU}cHiCkEn

Unread post by {DOU}cHiCkEn »

You'll actually be driving down to Charlotte, since it's South of you.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

{DOU}cHiCkEn wrote:You'll actually be driving down to Charlotte, since it's South of you.

Whatever way, it is a done deal. I am setting up the machine right now. The monitor is fokin' huge. It is going to take me all day to do this, but it is fun nonetheless.

So far, the only problem is that the bottom right side of my screen is blurry from condensation. I read that this is normal and that a lot of these machines come this way (Razor had a plausable explaination as to why) and that it will clear up very shortly.

It is very fast and beautiful. I watched a trailer on it and was very impressed with the over all quality.

More as I get into it.

Tommy
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

WOOT! Glad to hear that you are back at 100% Tommy. Also, that screen will not be too big. :peace_v:

Return to “Computer Chatter”