More maps that should go bye, bye...

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

{DOU}Pyro

Re: More maps that should go bye, bye...

Unread post by {DOU}Pyro »

I Would like to add {NYA}French_Village to the list
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

I will remove it in just a minute.

T
{DOU} yO mAmA

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

Yeah, it's too bad. When properly camped it's a lot of fun. Nobody camps it anymore, usually too many players.

Bye bye French Village.

mAmA
LT. Z

Unread post by LT. Z »

Hey I've been reading this and all points everyone has made are valid.

I personally don't like maps with secrets kinda pointless on a sniper server, unless you are on a no rules type server.

But one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the voting system. It seems to me that you have a few players that pick the smaller run ang gun type maps, or maps with secrets over and over again. Cause they can get to there spot or bounce around , however they do it they get the high score then vote for the next run and gun type map, or maps with secrets.

When there are only a 3 or 4 players on it dosent really matter but it is kinda annoying when you have over 10 players or more on the server.
{DOU} yO mAmA

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

Right you are Lt. Z :wink:

mAmA
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

LT. Z wrote:I personally don't like maps with secrets kinda pointless on a sniper server, unless you are on a no rules type server.
Try and vote in the FN maps... they are supposed to have no secrets!
{DOU}

Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

Unread post by Otis_Firefly »

LT. Z wrote:Hey I've been reading this and all points everyone has made are valid.

I personally don't like maps with secrets kinda pointless on a sniper server, unless you are on a no rules type server.

But one thing that hasn't been mentioned is the voting system. It seems to me that you have a few players that pick the smaller run ang gun type maps, or maps with secrets over and over again. Cause they can get to there spot or bounce around , however they do it they get the high score then vote for the next run and gun type map, or maps with secrets.

When there are only a 3 or 4 players on it dosent really matter but it is kinda annoying when you have over 10 players or more on the server.

Yes LT. Z - this issue has been addressed and we're working on managing that a little better. Keep in mind that not all DOU members have ADMIN privileges and therefore an ADMIN cannot be on the server all the time. The best thing you can do is make your voice heard during map votes. I know it doesn't always change things, but it is a start.
Evil

Unread post by Evil »

Death to these maps: LivingroomDD, thepond, beachhead, and any LOL maps. They are picked all the time for the secrets and the running and it's a shitty mess. Makes the campers leave the server and I get tired of people asking me when DOU became a RNG server. There are a few others I can't remember offhand, I'll think about it.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Evil wrote:Death to these maps: LivingroomDD, thepond, beachhead, and any LOL maps. They are picked all the time for the secrets and the running and it's a shitty mess. Makes the campers leave the server and I get tired of people asking me when DOU became a RNG server. There are a few others I can't remember offhand, I'll think about it.
Tell them we became a rng server around the same time I started banging their mothers.

T
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

LT. Z wrote:Hey I've been reading this and all points everyone has made are valid.

Everybody is guilty of this to a certain point. Even Tommy used to drive me crazy by doing this. The only upside in his case were that they were maps without secrets and were usually big but he would just dominate on them. There were like 8 and I can only recall a few of them: Neighborhood, 24hrFitness, MortalCollapsing, and ShrapnelBay.

The real pisser is when people come in and vote on maps like all the Punky's, ZM, and ASC maps. Those maps have secrets and the noobs feel like they can compete with the vets but all it turns into is a battle for the secrets.
Makes the campers leave the server and I get tired of people asking me when DOU became a RNG server.
This is true though. The last few times I visited, it has been flat out hairy on yalls server. So bad that the only difference between yalls camping server and my No Rules server is the No-Dodge mod. I understand why you guys don't put the SID mutator on your server. All servers that run it are dead because it's to restricting, but you got to get a handle on it before it goes way out of hand.

I check your servers everyday as they are loaded in UTspy with my servers and C-oPs servers. That way I know if the datacenter goes down. I check and I'm seeing alot of my regulars from the No Rules server playing on your camping server, too. That tells me you may be getting an unwanted, unknowing element on your server and they may not understand it's a camping server and what exactly that means. Anyways, have a good one.

~Johnny Jones
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

Draco wrote: I check your servers everyday as they are loaded in UTspy with my servers and C-oPs servers. That way I know if the datacenter goes down. I check and I'm seeing alot of my regulars from the No Rules server playing on your camping server, too. That tells me you may be getting an unwanted, unknowing element on your server and they may not understand it's a camping server and what exactly that means. Anyways, have a good one.

~Johnny Jones
Would you mind posting the names of the people who are coming over from the no-rules server? It would help us keep an eye on those who may be trouble makers or unaware of the camping rules.
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

The very first one that comes to mind is Youbie. I just saw he posted an intro.
I'm thinking you may not have an issue so much with him because, even on a
No Rules server, he is quite conservative. From now on, I'll make it a point to go
beyond the thought I have of "He's playing over there, too" and remember
to note the person's name. I know for sure that it has been several over the
last 2 months but the names escape me. What I can do is provide you with
the AKA log off my run server.I've collected roughly 26000 ip's from the last
2 years. AKA ID's are included. Just hit me up with an email and you got it.

~Johnny Jones
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

I guess the point of this cluster fuck thread is is that we need to create a few sub-committees to addrree thise different sreas, WHICH MAPS ARE TOO SMALL, WHICH ARE TOO BIG, and whatever else. We can get thin worked out but we need to get all sorted iout inteaded of just tslking thre prob;lems to death,

Sorry for tjhr typos, I sm quite stomned right noe and for some reasason m=y keyboard is a diffeerrent shape. Eek!@

T

Butr, lets gete it done.

T
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Amy takers?

T
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

Tommy wrote:Amy takers?

T
If anyone else want to play along, I'm in. I have no problem getting rid of the shit maps. Plus we need to get that 10 plus populated. To bad there wasn't a way to force the 10 plus map vote when 10 + were on.
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”