FN ladder map section

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

{DOU}Cygnus

FN ladder map section

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

Is it possible to run the FN rule mod on the FN ladder map section of our server?
It would help our people who participate in the ladders to keep or improve their edge by playing against live people in an FN atmosphere more often.
It would also give admins a tool for situations when the R&G gets out of control. It would be easier to put the brakes on the R&G instead of kicking people.
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

Re: FN ladder map section

Unread post by Otis_Firefly »

I like that idea!
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

I resist this because servers with no-run mods are usually empty servers. TBH, I don't like them either for general play, and i am a camper by nature.

T
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

Tommy wrote:, and i am a camper by nature.

T

Good, then lets dump the deemers on the camping server...
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

I like that Idea too!

....some mods that aren't in empty servers - - close combat mod (doesn't allow close quarters combat) & - revenge mod (doesn't allow revenge from a specified {short} distance). But in support of the original post - if it's only on the FN maps what's the harm? Default map vote has about 100 choices, FN maps are only about 30 choices. Still have to be voted in to win the playground, right?

Also - R&G is something that will always have to be tolerated/dealt with on a strict camping server, but the peeps that have been playing on DOU server for months - even years that still try to get away with close revenge and assault make me want to leave whenever I see them. Wouldn't it be nice to control that shit - even if it's only slight control? Mods that are in place simply to enforce the rules a bit, not drive away the good campers that come here for good competition?

I understand that DOU is the hottest game in town - and the sole reason I chose to enter the clan. But, besides the fact that pretty much everyone involved in DOU is really kewl as shit and "we' want to keep the peeps coming. We really don't want to drive folks away - isn't there something that we can add that doesn't make full members have to step out of a good match simply to enforce rules? I personally have seen Pyro, Wave, Razor and others leave a winning streak only to have to babysit peeps that I've seen playing here since I have.

With all due respect - Let me know if I'm out of line here.
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

:lol: WOW! I didn't even remember writing this until I read it. :lol:

... at least it's an easy read to follow. :roll:

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”