Resurrector Added

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Resurrector Added

Unread post by Tommy »

The resurrector mutator has been added to the sniper server.

This will preserver a players score and location should they "lose" their connection and then reconnect during a match.

There are so pros and cons to using this mutator.

The pros are obvious, if a player disconnects to clear a bad score or if a player disconnects to get out of a bad situation (like low health or being pinned down), when they reconnect they will have the same score and be in the exact same position they were in when they left. This will also preserve a good score so a player will not lose a donut for example or any positive score.

There are a few cons as well. If a player has any powerups like jumpboots or armor and shield belts, they will lose them. In addition, if your health is above 100, when you reconnect it will be 100 even. I am assuming that these are bugs that will be fixed in a future version of this mutator (I hope so anyway).

I think that the pros outweigh the cons so unless another problem I am currently unaware of shows itself, we will be staying with this mutator.

Thanks,

Tommy
Balony

Re: Resurrector Added

Unread post by Balony »

Thanks Tommy, i was glad to see the addition. It was very obvious people were clearing there scores after a bad start to a map.
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

Balony wrote:Thanks Tommy, i was glad to see the addition. It was very obvious people were clearing there scores after a bad start to a map.
I also noticed alot of that going on as well as those who didn't like their spawn spot.
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

The other night I was on, it didn't seem to be working. JK-47 disconnected and reconnected and his score didn't restore. Then a minute later, another player left and came back and his score didn't restore either. Maybe not all portions of the mutator not working?

~Johnny Jones
THE_PHIL

Unread post by THE_PHIL »

i have found 1 problem with this....I fell into a hole that i could not get out of, and I either had to sit there the whole map, or disconnect and wait till next map. I know it is an uncommon occurace but is there some time limit that can be set like 2 min or something that would fix that???
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

Type the word suicide in the console. It will cost you a point but at least you'll be out of that damn hole.

~Johnny Jones
THE_PHIL

Unread post by THE_PHIL »

damit, I dont like to die!!!!

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”