Internet Censorship is coming

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
Abberation

Internet Censorship is coming

Unread post by Abberation »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/david-seg ... 39836.html

I don't know that petitions will do anything. Seeing as the US government doesn't listen to its constituents anyway. But I signed it none the less

http://demandprogress.org/blacklist/
===XD===

Re: Internet Censorship is coming

Unread post by ===XD=== »

For me this is some bullshit. Internet should be free, except of course for example, pedophilia or a few other things.
In our country is normal, for example, the obligation to drive with lights year-round.

Greetz
XD
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Interesting that you would visit such a liberal site. :o

If that were to pass, the internet as we know it would cease to be.

T
{DOU} yO mAmA

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

These days I'm always suspicious of any group or organization that says they are doing something to protect me. Unfortunately I can't remember the last time anything like that worked in my best interest.

mAmA
.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

{DOU} yO mAmA wrote:These days I'm always suspicious of any group or organization that says they are doing something to protect me. Unfortunately I can't remember the last time anything like that worked in my best interest.

mAmA
Same as you mAmA...
sometimes is the Goverment or sometimes a civil organization...
anyway I think this has ever happened in human history.... :?
Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

Tommy wrote:Interesting that you would visit such a liberal site. :o

If that were to pass, the internet as we know it would cease to be.

T
Being hardcore conservative as I am doesn't come from just looking into just one side. I read the liberal slant and it makes my convictions stronger. I was actually amazed that such an article was posted on the huffo.
Mr Underhill

Unread post by Mr Underhill »

Abb-there's actually too many jokes that come to mind after reading that you went to Hufpo's website so I'll set that aside. :lol:

Interesting make-up of the bill's sponsor and co-sponsors. You can sometimes judge the potential success of a bill by the make up of its sponsors and co-sponsors and envision how it will play out in congress based on congreesional make-up and the momentum behind it. In my view, the group represents just about the widest spectrum in American politics:

Pat Leahy (D-VT) Solid Left (Bill's Sponsor)
Evan Bayh (D-IN) Moderate Left
Lindsey Graham (R-SC) Moderate Right RINO
Orrin Hatch (R-UT) Solid Right - most of the time

After reading that, the potential success of the bill goes up from the way I look at this. But, this bill has a relatively long way to go before it gets signed into Law which means that that there is time to get the word out so you may start seeing all kinds of online petitions and the like to hopefully put a stop to it.

It'll be interesting to see where Obama comes down on this issue and how that resonates throughout the Congress.
Mr U

Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.
-Colonel Mertz von Quirnheim

Return to “Computer Chatter”