Hello Im [TA]QuiCk

A Place To Say "Hey" To Clan DOU

Moderator: NATAN

[TA]QuiCk

Hello Im [TA]QuiCk

Unread post by [TA]QuiCk »

Hello, I figured I would stop in to say hello since i have not ever had the chance to do so. Hello :P. I dont get to play on your server much at all but when I do i enjoy myself and for that i thank you.

I play on all kinds of different servers and they have all kinds of different rules. I try to learn and respect how each servers are ran. But today I was a bit suprised at how i was treated on your server. Im sure this will get brushed off but i had to bring it up.

i was kicked 7 times today by DOU NUKER for as far as i can tell simply because i was winning. I broke no rules, nor did i say anything offensive to him, and with each kick there was no reason given. I have several servers that run each and every day and with a game like this that is losing numbers by the week, i cant imagine that you would kick so many people for no reason. I watched nuker kick me and another guy whom i know to be very good. and as well as my friend TA GHOST.. whom has never had a bad word to say about anyone. If you guys want your server to be full of rookie players that just let you shoot there head off and blow them up with deemers than thats your deal, Im just suprised that you would run so many good players off when there are so few good players left in this game.

THanks for the time. I hope someone here at least considers these words.
Feel free to check the logs from earlier, I was on under the alias Nephilim. YOu will see that no harsh words were said. Just numerous unwarranted kicks.
Abberation

Re: Hello Im [TA]QuiCk

Unread post by Abberation »

He posted about this earlier that you were kicked after several ignored warnings.

I've played with you many many times and never had a problem (other than lowered self esteem by getting my ass handed to me)
Mr Underhill

Unread post by Mr Underhill »

It simply amazes me that the only reason these victims conclude how they got kicked is because they were winning. They NEVER do anything wrong. Or maybe its because the admin watching is just plain jealous of their unbelievable and uncanny "skills".

To your point about predicting a server full of noobs: a self-righteous, experienced player thinking that the rules apply to everyone else BUT them will drive away more player traffic than an admin. These are the players that will bend and break the rules to their style of play but be the first one to cry foul when someone around them does.

By the way...next time you attempt to support your argument by bringing in a witness to this vile tragedy, use someone that hasn't been kicked on multiple occasions in the past.
Mr U

Any problem on earth can be solved with the careful application of high explosives.
-Colonel Mertz von Quirnheim
[TA]QuiCk

Unread post by [TA]QuiCk »

Thank you for your responses, Im glad that you gave me a quick and honest reply. Unfortunately it shows Mr. Underhills bias towards me because he wasnt even there to know what he is talking about. And that fact that you can not even have a simple discussion without being aggressive towards me is exactly the hot headed actions that get good, skilled players kicked off your server.. So you are definetely not the person i would be looking for a sympathetic ear from.

In fact Mr. Underhill, IF i stay kicked or banned was not the issue, it was your DOU NUKERs absolute flagrancy with his admin powers, and although he informed you that he kicked me, you never did say what his reasoning was to kick me in the first place.. the only thing i ignored was his petty kick option and logged back in to ask why i was kicked. Still to no avail.

You dont know me MR. Underhill and I dont know you so I couldnt possibly make a judgment call on your character as you have obviously done with me. But your server is full of noobs that will never improve without playing better players. Simple as that. All those things i said about myself that made you SOOO mad... probably upset you because you know im right.

Thanks for the time! Mr. Underhill I forgive you. :herestoyou:
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I'm with quick on this one too. I will admit though that spawn killers and assaulters sometimes have gotten the better of me and I started to move more then I should of in accordance to the rules but this was one of those rare occassions. I got kicked. Then later in the day or following I went back on server.

I was camping hard which is normally how I play and I started to get watched, then shortly after they obviously found out it was me as I was using a different name and then I got booted again and then banned.

I even apologized for my more aggressive play earlier on the server and was quickly ignored. I'm sure if I was some idiot that ran around like a moron for free head shots my apology would of been expected.

I use to have good repore with serveral of the DOU members and even 1vs1 a few of them in good fun. Time and time again I see DOU admins kick first and ask questions later. If your fine with this obviosly there is nothing I can do about it.

Its your server and you guys can do as you see fit with it but lets not pretend some of the admins have a very selective banning procedure they follow. Half the players on there don't follow the rules but only the one's that are doing to well get the boot. The noobs continue to break the rules and are ignored for there lack of skill.
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Ghost wrote:The noobs continue to break the rules and are ignored for there lack of skill.
It has nothing to do with lack of skill. Also the 'noobs' are being watched. However the newcomers get more credit because they're the new ones that still have to learn the rules. The better players are the ones that have come to our and other servers for a long time and therefor we expect from them that they know the rules. So yes the newbees are treated different than the oldbees, the ones that are playing the game for years, but they don't get ignored.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

I can half agree with that Natan, usually though not much gets said to them in general. Anyway, I don't even see my name listed under the ban or a reason why though I know exactly what it was for.

Some noob kept running at me while spawning trying to kill me and of course if someones firing while spawning even if I try timing it to kill them its like a 50/50 chance. So after he does this he again tries to kill me the same way so I fire at him while he's spawning and I got banned and nothing was said to him.

This is where I felt that it is very selective kicking/banning going on. A guy obviously not following the rules is trying to kill me and succeeds then again tries and all I do is fire back. I know this falls under breaking the rules isn't the solution to the problem but to simply ignore it or avoid him I guess but we all know that's not always how it goes down.

Sometimes you reach a point of annoyance where your like screw you buddy I'll shoot you too and I highly doubt no one has ever done that. Quick being banned to I know isn't right either. When he camps, he camps hard, he's just fast and my best guess is an admin assumes something and just banns him.

Anyway, can it be removed as well as quicks or we just wasting our time here?
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Ghost wrote:
Anyway, can it be removed as well as quicks or we just wasting our time here?
I don't think you are wasting time here. Putting up a post on our forum is seldom regarded as a waste of time, however there are some exceptions :) .

I am an admin on the server myself and I admit I don't always see everything that is happening when I am spectating. I don't think that is even possible, so we have to be selective on who to spectate. Most of the time when I'm spectating I select the ones with the most fraggs and few or none deaths and the opposite of that. Also offcourse the ones we get complaints about are being watched carefully. Our recruits are being spectated for reasons that seem clear.

To come to your question. [TA]QuiCk isn't banned. If he plays acording our server rules he's welcome. We all make mistakes sometimes and saying sorry when that happens does help a lot as long as it doesn't happen again and again. Disrespecting an Admin however on the server and as he did here on the forum with his post won't give him much more credit. Your remark: "my best guess is an admin assumes something and just banns him" isn't how we work here. No admin is free to ban someone. A ban is always voted for by the clan.

As for you Ghost it is somewhat more complicated. You won't find your name in a ban list on the forum. That part is on the members only section of the forum. To come to the point of resolving your problem, we do unban players although it isn't done very often, but it has been done in the past and can also be done in your case.

If you want to get unbanned these are the steps that can be taken:

1. You have to put up a post on the forum explaining why you would like to be unbanned. Not "I want to be unbanned because I want to play on your server" that won't do the job (remember that denying problems that have been taken place in the past won't realy help). Show your own responsibility for being banned.

2. We will put up a vote (members only section) to see if the DOU members would give you another chance on our server.

3. If we will decide to unban you, you can expect to be spectated more than other players to see if we made the right decision after all.

That's it. Maybe it looks to you like a lot of trouble to go through and the vote isn't even a guarantee ( the outcome can also be a NO), but as I see it at this moment it will be the only way to get it done.

If other Admins see things differently than me please feel free to post so.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
Grubb Industries

Unread post by Grubb Industries »

We are a CAMPING server, not a FREESTYLE server. There are a lot of really great freestyle servers you can visit if you are looking for that style of play.

Below is a list of our server rules, if you want to play on our server, you must follow these or you will no longer be welcome.

1) No running - this is a camping server. It's ok to run to a place to hide. Do not run/trans from one place to another looking for kills, that is freestyle and not allowed here.

2) No revenging - Do not return to where you were just killed to pick up an easy kill. You may revenge from a distance ONLY, Use your scope. If you respawn in the same place you were just killed, move to a new place.

3) No assaulting - DO not rush another players position to shoot them, kill from a distance. Sometimes you will enter an occupied room accidently or spawn close to another person, the close kill mod was added to avoid close kill fighting, leave the area do not back up to get out of the no kill zone then shoot the player or you will be kicked.

4) No spawn killing - everyone has 7 seconds of spawn protection coming in to the game, use it to find a place to hide.
a) DO NOT use spawn time to sneak up behind/beside someone

b) Close kill mod added because players continually break (a). If you back up from a player to just get out of the close kill area of the mod then shoot the player you will be kicked and or banned from the server.

c) DO NOT shoot at someone while YOU are spawning, you will die.
d) DO NOT shoot at someone else who is spawning, you will die
e) If you are spawning and you enter an occupied area/spot YOU are reponsible to leave and find another spot, NO exceptions
f) If someone who is spawning enters an area you are in THEY must leave. LET THEM! Do not chase after them for an easy frag, let them go.

5) No camping in teleporters, elevators, or lifts - Do not even camp near them unless the teleporter, elevator, or lift leads to an area that has no other exit and even then the player is not to be spending the entire time with his crosshairs on the teleporter, elevator, or lift.

6) ALWAYS listen to ALL server Admins and speak to them respectfully. Failure to do so will result in being kicked, or even permanently banned from the server.

7) Spamming/Taunting - This is where someone continuously displays the same message or they are continuously using their voice menu to be a nuisance. This applies not only during game play but between matches too. Some people say 'nice shot', n1, ty, lol and so forth and there is no problem with this. But hearing 'yeah bitch' or 'lets' get our flag back' over and over is annoying as well as rude to many players. An occasional taunt is fine but don't abuse it please.
The only exception to spamming is when an Admin is issuing a warning for a rule violation.
These are our rules, Learn them, you are responsible for knowing them, especially now that we have made you aware of them. If they don't agree with you there are plenty of other places you can play.

8) No dropping trans to hunt or otherwise get a frag. This has come up many times recently and been the cause of many problems. Players that drop their trans disc to hunt will be kicked. If you want to run a few steps to get some boots or recover some health, fine. If an admin decides you are doing otherwise you will be booted. This is a camping server and we do not want that type of game play here.

I'm sure everyone who reads this will run into someone else who is doing one or more of the no-no's listed above. DO NOT start doing the same thing back!!! First, politely ask the player to refrain from that activity. If the player does not comply, step out of the game and put up a post in the complaint dept. Be sure to include the Date, Time, Map Name as well as the name of the player and a detailed description of the infraction.

I have seen both of you break most of, or all of these rules, no wonder you get kicked so often.

Have a great day.
Grubb Industries
Fighting for peace is like
Screwing for virginity
Ghost

Unread post by Ghost »

Hey Natan, well I think I already pleaded my case above. I admitted fault and always have good intentions going in but that particular day a noob got the better of me.

I will leave the rest with you guys.

Hope to see ya again soon, otherwise I guess Good Luck and I'll move on.

Later,

Ghost
Wave

Unread post by Wave »

I think sometimes we do notice more with of rival clans. I enjoy playing both of you. I hope this gets resolved quickly, I want you both playing at DOU and I want to be comfortable playing at TA.
Just the fact that you both are replying with Mature, Reasonable posts, tells me you should be playing with us.
My opinion is that we should not be fighting with any clan, we should be teaming up.
We should be having Clan Vs. Clan matches, loser buys the beer.
{DOU}Wave

Abberation

Unread post by Abberation »

Wave wrote:I think sometimes we do notice more with of rival clans. I enjoy playing both of you. I hope this gets resolved quickly, I want you both playing at DOU and I want to be comfortable playing at TA.
Just the fact that you both are replying with Mature, Reasonable posts, tells me you should be playing with us.
My opinion is that we should not be fighting with any clan, we should be teaming up.
We should be having Clan Vs. Clan matches, loser buys the beer.
And then everyone is a winner since Wave puts out after a couple beers ::HYST::
Grasshopper

Unread post by Grasshopper »

Well said Wave. :)

Grasshopper.
Nuker

Unread post by Nuker »

NUKER Here,
What the heck is this guy talking about!!!
I NEVER kicked ANYONE 7 TIMES!!! I had NO idea this was posted as I've been away and had family in the hospital back to back, so I haven't checked the forums in a while. I kicked some IDIOTS that did not respond to MANY MANY WARNINGS go check the RSA! There is also a post on every kick I make. I have even been told I put TOO MUCH info in my posts! I have NOTHING to hide. If he moves on...
GOOD RIDDANCE to BAD RUBBISH!!!
NUKER
:nonono: :redflipoff: :birdie: :ahole: :fu_evil:
:minigun:
I am proud to have you judge me as a man
through the lens of my enemies’ character.
Wave

Unread post by Wave »

ACE has been kicking players lately.
Deadeye was having trouble staying in the game. Others were being bumped out as well.
{DOU}Wave

Return to “Introduce Yourself...”