Getting this community on mIRC.

You can talk about anything here

Moderator: .::/3I§ON::.

cro_xt

Getting this community on mIRC.

Unread post by cro_xt »

Hello, my name is Tom, some of you guys do know me and some not. My nickname is .:XT:. and im playing for ESG team.
Im gonna skip the intro and get to the point. Please read it.
What is mIRC?
mIRC is a popular Internet Relay Chat client used by millions of people, and thousands of organizations, to communicate, share, play and work with each other on IRC networks around the world. Serving the Internet community for over a decade, mIRC has evolved into a powerful, reliable and fun piece of technology.

Sadly as far as i know this community is used to msn... which i found really irritating for contacting anyone or trying to make a rumble. I did it once and never again. Same as xfire.
I use xfire only for storing the camping servers, because for other servers it is not needed.Every clan can put their server ip to their channel, and its visible for every person that comes in that channel.
I understand that pretty much all of you is just bored of installing such a thing, thinking its just another chat program same like others, but i assure you it is not.
The rest of UT communities such as normal weapon TDM, CTF, Insta, and all other mods is using mIRC, and i have to say it really works and it keeps this game alive more then anything else.
Only in sniper camping people still use msn for organizing the games, setting up the rumbles, calling people to show up for the match and so on.

This is how my mIRC looks like, and this is my own clan channel aswell (the window called #TmNT) and a popular pickup channel "#vc.ut"
http://i48.tinypic.com/2rcyk9i.jpg

In every channel there is a list of people to the right connected to the channel.
You can send a message so every user in the channel can see it, or you can double click some of them on the list, and a new private window will appear.
windows are sorted to the left of irc.
Both of the channels on the picture shown have a gahter/pickup mode enabled.
Now whats that?
in any of these channels you can use command !add and you will be added to the list of the players willing to play at the moment (eki13 was added in channel "#TmNT") and as soon as the number of spots is filled in, in this case it was set to 2v2, the pickup (the rumble) starts.You will recieve a private message from the bot on irc with server information and teamspeak which is optional. after this players go to the ip adress and have a game. after they finish the game they can use command "!game over" to reset the pickup gather.
there are more commands like
!add red/blue
!team red/blue (switch to the red or blue team)
!remove (removes you from the pickup unless it started already.)
!gameover (resets the pickup)
!vote mapname
!status (shows the current pickup status)
!servers (shows available servers and teamspeak)
and some more...
Now imagine if only few members from each clan would join irc, and join the "camping pickup channel"....
A rumble could happen really easy.
Also having this much players on one list which is actually live would be more then awesome.People could chat, inform, and stay in touch much more easy.
At this moment there are few active servers aswell, so this way your server might be for some use actually.

In every channel permissions can be set to each user. so same like on forums there are admins, moderators, and normal users. (alittle different on irc but based on same thing)
Channel can be public or private (locked with password)
you can have more then one channel.
To create a channel is really easy and free ofc.

Now i will not make any instructions yet how to get on this thing, but i would like to see how many of you guys are willing to give it a try, and after few days / weeks i will count the number from other forums aswell and let you know how many would join irc, so you know you wont be alone there.
Sorry for huge text, it might look like its complicated thing but its not, just give it a try!
I will be willing to help ANYONE to set up his mIRC or his own channel.

This community needs something new, and this just might work.
Greetz .:XT:.
Gunner

Re: Getting this community on mIRC.

Unread post by Gunner »

Bottom line mIRC sucks ass... I used to use it and its full of viruses. Not only that but it is a resource hog. I know from experience.. I will never go on it again.. The forum is a great way to line up rumbles and is virus free... All you have to do is post the idea of a rumble and everyone will be quick to respond. This is an active forum.
cro_xt

Unread post by cro_xt »

i have to disagree with you mate :)
http://www.mirc.co.uk/virus.html
Read about viruses and mIRC there, its well explained.

I am using mIRC for a long time already, quakenet network, and i never herd anyone there speaking about viruses and stuff like that!
You cannot just get it by joining the channel, nor chatting there!
About resources needed to run irc
Now that is just not true, mirc is not more heavy then any other chat program. If you were in some spam likely channel then you may noticed some bandwith usage, but in such channels like i am in (16 channels!), an old channels without spammers and its purpose is only ut99... there is almost no bandwith usage!

Now i can provide a clean installation pack, mirc with noname script (better look) that i use, and some esg and nbk members already installed it and can prove it works,or you can download a client from the official mirc site.

I believe you had some bad experience with it, but then again i never had any bad experience with mirc at all!
Also i have 4mbit dl and 256 kbit upload
And we have 2 pc-s running every day at same time.
Its me and my brother, and it never affected any gameplay.

Forum might be useful, but have a look at any other clans/teams from any other community that use irc from the very beginning.

None have forums, just irc.
And it works for years.
Grubb Industries

Unread post by Grubb Industries »

Thanks for stopping in, we use Team Speak 3, it suits us well and I doubt anyone is interested in joining another type of chat.

Grubb
Fighting for peace is like
Screwing for virginity
Necro

Unread post by Necro »

Grubb Industries wrote:Thanks for stopping in, we use Team Speak 3, it suits us well and I doubt anyone is interested in joining another type of chat.

Grubb
I agree.
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

Necro wrote:
Grubb Industries wrote:Thanks for stopping in, we use Team Speak 3, it suits us well and I doubt anyone is interested in joining another type of chat.

Grubb
I agree.

As above but then again all you had to do is look at our front page to see our chat tab HERE top of page centre tab....
cro_xt

Unread post by cro_xt »

You miss the point.
Mirc is a chat program ya, but i would never install it if chat is the only feature.

Now tell me, if you or your team wants to play a rumble, how long would it take you to get it over forums? :) is it even possible to get it in one day? Yes you may posted a topic days ago so you have a match already. But it takes days, and it did happen that you wanted to play a game and it was hard to get it.

Then lets say i want to get us a rumble and there are at least 20 players online in one irc channel at evening and they are willing to play (thats the only reason they joined irc this evening). 20 is really small number for this community.
All i have to do is post one message which is LIVE and every single player in the channel sees it.
You cant go against it... im posting on other forums and people are so lazy and doing nothing about this saying this is over already, its done, its dead and they even say "id rather stay on windows live messenger then read your entire post".

Why do you people even have installed ut99 if its dead already and its late for any new ideas? yet you still play on ladders or cups.

IRC is not new indeed, nor its my idea, but it already works and not only for ut99, join #cod4.wars and have a look how they find themselfs a rumble, and how long it takes. it takes less then 30 seconds you will have a reply. See for yourself.
And yet pickups are not the only feature of irc aswell.

Im not saying nothing else is needed, but side of forums and ts3 thats the last thing you need.
You can uninstall any other messenger, and keep irc when youre in gaming mood.
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

You may want to go work on your sales pitch and come back another day. No one seems to be buying today. Have a great evening and thanks for choosing {DOU}'s forum to pimp your product 8)
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
cro_xt

Unread post by cro_xt »

mIRC is not my product nor i have any profit of inviting people to it.
The only profit is making this community more active.
many teams already get my point, and some already said they will be up for it.

Im not telling or begging anyone to do anything. This is a suggestion on many forums and its something that works for many years for allot of games.

But yes, who am i, some random guy just came on a forum and suggested something new, trying to sell some shit, something that this community lacks for years already. and its not whole ut99, because other mods are used to this from very beginning, and its holding it in one piece for a long time. but just sniper camper community is special and do not need it, yet everyone is crying that this game is dying.

So why bother even reading this post.

You are invited to it, nothing else.
Instead of giving such a nosense answers, a simple one is enough.

"thanks, not interested"
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

Thanks, not interested.
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
Gunner

Unread post by Gunner »

cro_xt wrote:
"thanks, not interested"
"No thanks, not interested"
Last edited by Gunner on Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
M@DD0G

Unread post by M@DD0G »

Gunner wrote:
cro_xt wrote:
"thanks, not interested"
"thanks, not interested"
Yeah, that...
M@DD0G
Image Image I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning,
that's as good as they're going to feel all day. --Frank Sinatra

.:Isabella:.

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

I'm sorry mate. I apologize in the name of the some other clan members. You deserved a better response, despite the fact that there is no interest in your offer.

I appreciate your interest and your invitation. Thx.
Pink_Squirrel

Unread post by Pink_Squirrel »

{DOU}.R_Mad wrote:I'm sorry mate. I apologize in the name of the some other clan members. You deserved a better response, despite the fact that there is no interest in your offer.

I appreciate your interest and your invitation. Thx.
Yes. As she said. :)
jacobite
Location: scottland west coast home of the rampant lion rrroooooaaarrr lol

Unread post by jacobite »

hi do you think its typed out every times or just save as the copy and paste lol :D

Return to “General Board”