Last Man Standing Uzi Server

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Last Man Standing Uzi Server

Unread post by Tommy »

You people wanted to use the Uzi, well here you go.

I have put up a PART TIME LMS Uzi server. In another thread I will explain what "part time" means since the server is a hosted dedicated server.

This server is still being worked on and as such should be considered not done yet. In a few days it will be done and then I will post the I.P. for all to join. For now if you have the I.P. please go in and take a look. The server is being advertised though, so people may find it.

There are 2 problems right off the bat. First the gun has killer recoil. Also, the gun takes the translocator out of the game. I am going to talk to Happy and see if these things can be fixed.

Also, the redirect isn't there yet, but it will be in a day or two. The server is currently only running stock maps however, so most people will have them, and if you deleted them, downloads shouldn't be major.

All of the clan skins are installed and the few we have for our friends (like SoReal and Talon).

For now, we will consider this server to be on a trial basis. I think people will like it, but then again I swore people would love the multi-rifle (go figure). So I am not married to the idea. If it ends up sucking hard ass, we will talk about something to replace it. But lets give it a bit of a chance.

Since it isn't 100% yet, you will notice that it makes a lot of references to the sniper server. This is because it is running a modified copy of the sniper servers .ini file. I will clean all of that up pronto.

More info very soon (I can type or I can work). :)

T
Last edited by Tommy on Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Warning: If you plan to jump into the server and just wreak havoc, you will be disappointed. Set to novice level, the bots will OWN you. :)

T
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

O.K., I sent a PM to Happy asking how doable the modifications I suggested would be. We will just have to wait for him to get back to us.

In the mean time I will plug away on the redirect. I will add whatever skins and voice packs people want, etc, but after I get the base install redirected.

In a few days I will make a mass-mailing to all board members announcing the server.

I really do hope people enjoy this. It has been my experience that everyone loves some occassional run and gun, the uzi, and last man standing. Time will tell I guess (Lol, we will probably get a serious influx of new recruit requests over this, so get ready Chicken!!).

T
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

Tommy wrote:O.K., I sent a PM to Happy asking how doable the modifications I suggested would be. We will just have to wait for him to get back to us.

In the mean time I will plug away on the redirect. I will add whatever skins and voice packs people want, etc, but after I get the base install redirected.

In a few days I will make a mass-mailing to all board members announcing the server.

I really do hope people enjoy this. It has been my experience that everyone loves some occassional run and gun, the uzi, and last man standing. Time will tell I guess (Lol, we will probably get a serious influx of new recruit requests over this, so get ready Chicken!!).

T
As it's a pure Run and Gun mode, may be you could add (like Alienclan server has) the "double jump" mode. It's a real fun and provides better run and gun strategy !...
only my opinion... (for the moment !... LOL)
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

Moon wrote:
Tommy wrote:O.K., I sent a PM to Happy asking how doable the modifications I suggested would be. We will just have to wait for him to get back to us.

T
As it's a pure Run and Gun mode, may be you could add (like Alienclan server has) the "double jump" mode. It's a real fun and provides better run and gun strategy !...

I agree but what about more then double jump and make it low grav too

Darkm
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

*DARKMATTER* wrote:
Moon wrote:

T

I agree but what about more then double jump and make it low grav too

Darkm
It's not the same "tool" and not the same fun in normal grav than in low grav but, no problem, the mod is for normal grav and some maps can be in low grav.
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

One minor problem......
The server is set for DM, not LMS.

-JB
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

It was when I LAST looked, obviously a glitch somewhere that I will have to troubleshoot. Rebooting to LMS now.

T
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

O.K., something is fluxed up...gonna eat my dinner and then I will fix whatever the problem is.

T
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

It was an issue with the map vote mutator setting the game type. Weird how it wasn't doing it last night...but it was definitely set wrong. I am fixing it now.

T
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

O.K., Everything is working fine now, so I am going to work on the redirect.

The Uzi with the recoil is a big problem right now, hopefully we can get that fixed asap.

Then if we all decide we like this we can see about customizing the server with some of the things that have been mentioned. And I would like to have more then just lame stock maps too.

T
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

Actually, I like the recoil. It forces you to make damn sure you're aiming right to begin with. This may help with our aiming skills.

-JB
§h¤®tï£

Unread post by §h¤®tï£ »

He has a good point.... although it recoils less when your crouched or moving
Life isn't about Finding Yourself.
Life is about Creating Yourself.

Never Look Down on Someone
Unless You are Helping Them Up.
{DOU} yO mAmA

Last Man Standing

Unread post by {DOU} yO mAmA »

I got to try out the server last night for the first time(thanks for the invite T) I really enjoyed it. I think it would be great to have the larger maps with low gravity, or at least some of them. As for the recoil on the gun, I did'nt have much of a problem with it. I either crouched or used short bursts most of the time. If I had to unload a long stream of bullets I aim below the subject and the recoil pulls the barrel upward and onto the target. It might be worth working with a little before we mod it. yO mAmA

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”