Possable tourny??

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

*DARKMATTER*

Possable tourny??

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

Ok its been talked about on another forum about there possably being a small tourny on the deemer server if its ok with tommy that is whats needed right now is numbers ie how many would want to do one??? if it goes ahead it would be against <sra> 'cg' players i have to say players they dont think of themselves as a clan (guess thats why i fit in sooooo well over there)

Heres the page in question

http://hermskii.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=152

Dark
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

Hiya folks!
I know many of you play on CG, and now that I have finally found your server, I am going to happily play on it as well.
I was just wondering if you all would like to have a friendly tournament against the SRA gang? As your server holds 24, I think 12 per side would ROCK!
If a date and time can be arranged, then I will get some help from the folks at redeemer insanity to give you peeps a challenge.
Let me know if this is possible
Thanks
:D

And you may want to watch this thread:
http://www.redeemerinsanity.com/bbs/vie ... 9503#19503
pebcak

Unread post by pebcak »

Sup Yall,

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A redeemer tourney! Sniping some times takes too long. Yall have heard me talk about my time issues being 41 and having a 2 year old and a full time IT job 40 miles from home (insert sniveling, whining, etc. here).

Count me in.
{DOU}pebcak

I love the sound of "GODLIKE" in the morning.
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

I'm ok too but I'll have to defend DOU colours !

Hope our other deemer players will be there too...!
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

)(er)(es will be there as well.

24 people on one map chucking 'Deemers....sounds like a 'loop of poop' no matter what map is running!

-JB

BTW, Welcome to our digs, Jarg!
{DOU}The Jargonaut

Unread post by {DOU}The Jargonaut »

Hey, Thanks )(er)(es :D
Probably need to have mostly huge maps if we can get enough interested and Tommy agrees.
but...
I think throwing one tiny map into the mix would be funny as all get out.

Imagine the loop :rofl:
Hermskii

Great

Unread post by Hermskii »

This sounds fun. I'm excited and this is really going to put DOU on the map for Redeemer Serving. If this actually goes off, it will be great. The beaty is that all people have to do is show up at any given time during the night specified and fight to the death all they want. If someone wants to keep score, they can just take screen shots at the end and post results later. It is a win win because no matter tag the winner is wearing, the win still goes for them alone and not a clan or team. Still it is nice to see your favorite tag at the top of the list. 24 players at one time. One DOU clan member could win and the other 23 be other tag wearing team players and DOU wins the round. I doubt I'll play but I think this is really big and great so get your folks involved and get the server ready and tested for the max player load. Good luck everyone. BREAK!
Hermskii
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: Possable tourny??

Unread post by Tommy »

*DARKMATTER* wrote:...if its ok with tommy...
You guys should always feel free to set stuff up, my permission is not needed :) I can even set up a default tournament config for this server and show some of you how to boot into it and adjust the settings as necessary (it's not difficult).

T
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

The Jargonaut wrote: As your server holds 24, I think 12 per side would ROCK!
I just threw up 24 as a number off the top of my head. The server will do up to 32 people (UT99 limit) however. So we can accomidate a large match as necessary. Of course the right maps would be necessary or it would be bedlam :)

T
Last edited by Tommy on Sat Dec 17, 2005 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

The Jargonaut wrote:Hey, Thanks )(er)(es :D
Probably need to have mostly huge maps if we can get enough interested and Tommy agrees.
but...

Tommy agrees...our most active deemer players should take the lead on this and get it se up. Just get with me to let me know how the server needs to be set up. I will also need the .u and .iny files for the skin if the other team has one.

T
*DARKMATTER*

Unread post by *DARKMATTER* »

Tommy wrote:
The Jargonaut wrote:Hey, Thanks )(er)(es :D
but...

Tommy agrees...our most active deemer players should take the lead on this and get it se up. Just get with me to let me know how the server needs to be set up. I will also need the .u and .iny files for the skin if the other team has one.

T
Hmmm the <SRA> <CG> players are more a group then clan so dont have a 'skin' unless jarg wants to arrange one for the night ???

*DARKMATTER* wrote:
...if its ok with tommy...
I never presume anything with other peoples toys.

Dark
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

*DARKMATTER* wrote:I never presume anything with other peoples toys.
Well...you're DOU now so it's O.K. to presume a little ;)

T
{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

Allright, so when do we want to do this?

-JB
Hermskii

Next Sat

Unread post by Hermskii »

I'll take the lead right here and say we want to do it often and we want to do it starting next Friday night between 7:00 and 10:00 PM Central Standard time. You folks determine the maps. Group <SRA> does not wear clan skins as they are not a clan. Over all, I don't so much think it's team against team as the <SRA> has always been a one for all kind of group more than a all for one group. That said, I don't think it really matters to <SRA> players who wins as much as it does that people just show up and play. The fact that DOU clan does have skins makes it pretty clear too as to who plays for who since I'd imagine that the DOU clan skins have some sort of uniform look where <SRA> will look random. I will also speak up for <SRA> when I say that the maps don't matter at all to us but many of the <SRA> folks really like the small insane maps. Many prefer large maps so it shouldn't matter what you play. Lastly, I think that someone from DOU should keep score. This will be easy. Just play or spectate all of the games during 7-10 PM. Screenshot the scoreboard at the end of each game. At end of night tally up any way you want. Me, I'd say whoever wins that map wins that round for their team. So say 20 games are played and a DOU player scores first place in 14 of those maps, then the final score is Dou 14 <SRA> 6. Or you could actually tally it up the more precise and painstaking way by displaying the final scores of all games or whatever. Just brainstorming here. I will post this on the other forum as well.
Hermskii
pebcak

Unread post by pebcak »

YES!

Sounds like this is on. Never flew the SRA tag but my start was with those players. Good mix of small and large maps would be cool. Phobos, Viridian, Hunting Cabin, Cranes (DonDon anyone?), Space Noxx, StalwartXL and who knows what else.

My 2 cents as usual.
{DOU}pebcak

I love the sound of "GODLIKE" in the morning.

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”