New Rifle

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: Tommy

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

New Rifle

Unread post by Tommy »

Thanks to HappyFnCamper, we now have yet again a new Sniper rifle.

The new rifle sports a few design enhancements that I am sure everyone will very much like.

For the noobs it now has a better default crosshair, no green circle from HELL!!!!!!

The scope itself will now zoom as far as 50x, and you can customize the rate of speed for the scope. If it zooms to fast or slow, you can adjust that in the mod menu.

Also, the shooting sound has been changed due to numerous requests (including from me). It's a lot quieter and not so high-pitched. I think everyone will like it a lot more.

In a few minutes I will upload and post the new .int file along with instructions in it's use.

T
Last edited by Tommy on Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Here is the full package:

http://clandou.com/DouProAssassinRifle.zip

The .u file and .int file both go in the ut / system folder. Then in game go to the mod menu and select the rifle to change the available settings.

T
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

I think that Happy could give us one more help : I tried to configure the sounds and it doesn't worked (for me !) so, it would be necessary to have a cooler sound when we hit someone and when we're hit by others. The actual sound (we had b4) is really agressive besides the shooting sound which is perfect now !!! (still for me !)
We could have a softer sound (different when we hit and when we're hit)...

my opinion...
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
HappyFnCamper

Well at least its only 1 thing that bugs ya now......

Unread post by HappyFnCamper »

Yea the sound should work....in fact I think its some kinda linux thing...cause when I set up a server off my pc you can control the sound....Tommy has tested it on my server ( some time ago when I first started puttin it in the file)...However when he tries to do the same settings in the server.ini... Fubar so I'm guessin more research into the linux server int will have to be done.... thats all Tommy - I can't do that :( . For all I know it might never work on the linux... however it works on an IBM MS setup... go Fig :)

I will do the softer sounds on the next version....At least in practice mode you can pick em 4 now :)

I'll talk to T and find out more on server setup and what can be done...but no promise of any changes again till next ver. In the words of the great Apu. "Pls come again if you survive" :)

Frag Ya Ltr!
HappyFnCamper
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

I tried the rifle and he sound is great but it may need something that is more neutral color for the crosshair... I liked the same green crosshair but when you try to aim at verry lighted area it's hard to see...
{DOU}

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

GRouND ZeRo wrote:I tried the rifle and he sound is great but it may need something that is more neutral color for the crosshair... I liked the same green crosshair but when you try to aim at verry lighted area it's hard to see...
Read the 2nd post in this thread...then go and select the crosshair you like best :)

T
GRouND ZeRo

Unread post by GRouND ZeRo »

Tommy wrote:
GRouND ZeRo wrote:I tried the rifle and he sound is great but it may need something that is more neutral color for the crosshair... I liked the same green crosshair but when you try to aim at verry lighted area it's hard to see...
Read the 2nd post in this thread...then go and select the crosshair you like best :)

T
is there still the infrared scope???
{DOU}

HappyFnCamper

Yea GZ get the int for the rifle so you can change settings.

Unread post by HappyFnCamper »

All the old modifications from the mod menu are still there.

Changes in this ver of the rifle are as follows:

Rescripted some parts of the rifle to improve performance...should be smoother in genral with good ping.

Made the head shot dish out more damage...no more shield belt + max health multi hit head shots. 1 hit 1 kill (to the head). Body damage is still the same so it takes 2/3 shots on a target with no armor and 100 health to go down. Your to be a good sniper and get the head for a sure kill.

Pumped up the zoom to 50x max... for them bigger maps.

Dropped the default zoom speed a few notches. Old default was 3.0 now its 2.4. The rifle is so much smoother now that for some it still zooms too fast. You can change the zoom speed still in mod menu and drop it down more or raise it up to compensate for lag and dial in to your best play.

Crosshair default from the green circle to the modulated 1. Thats a standard crosshair on many clan rifles still. The infra/night vision is still there. Again its not true infra/night vision.. just an illusion cause of the scope site color and what it filters out to give a lil help seein in dark spots. That helps alot in software render where ya need all the help you can get in that render mode.

Default fire sound was changed per request of the all mighty Demon Bitch...and cause Moon grumbled enough :)

Dropped the annimated ammo box... no more lil demon wavin flames inside... on some maps like burger wars you'd lag where there are 5 or more ammo boxes layin close together while in the zone of those boxes... droppin the ani ammo box in general reduces server work, lag, video performance issues. Last it made the file DL half of its prev size also.

The only thing that seems to not have improved or stayed the same is the fire rate...I think its due to the new fire sound cycle... I did not alter or shortin the fire sound wave that was givin to me to use...I think its a tad slower (situational - distance to target/lag) than the old rifle when it comes to holdin the trigger down...but in light of the general improved performance. eh so what.

Like I stated in the post above. Dunno why the sound options don't work in net play bla bla... but if ya use the rifle in practice mode you can scope out the other sounds for the 2 hit sound types. Maybe next time I put a new ver of the rifle out you can let us know which sounds you like best and I can change it with a majority vote or Tommy veto :)

Also if ya see new peeps on the server offer the info for the int...Give em the link to it or send them the file... its for all to use to bring the best game to the table. NOT a clan only thing... that would be kinda like cheatin. Tho Xhair can effect your game some (more mental than factual). The zoom speed can make or break your day at times, so all should be able to use the settings to improve the playability of the rifle. However UT does not allow for int files to be a forced download and ya can't rig it as a server pkg DL. Hence give word of the int file to non clannys

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Sniper Server”