Wondering...

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Wondering...

Unread post by Tommy »

I am wondering if there are UT 2004 redeemer servers? If so are they any good?

Also, if it is possible to do (and I am sure it will be), what about a UT 2007 redeemer server? That would be quite a ways off, but something to think about I suppose.

Tommy
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

Bigi had (or still have) a 2004 deemer mod and he worked a lot on it to slow the deemer, change the blast and some other changes to make it playable.
But the 2k4 redeemer I tried wasn't pleasant. The vision it gave was not cool : you almost didn't see where you were going.

Hopefully may be 2007 could be better for redeemr ?!...
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
Hermskii

Yeah

Unread post by Hermskii »

I ran a UT2K4 Redeemer server for a little while. It was called House of Hermskii. The deemer and the way it looked while flying felt way off. Also, all bots shoot at your flying deemer since they think it is you. It didn't feel right flying, the explosion was way to big and several other things made it not so fun. Bigi made a mod that fixed most of that but it just never took off because no matter what, it felt wrong.
Hermskii
a nameless entity

Unread post by a nameless entity »

There also were not a lot of good maps for redeemering in the early days of 2k4. That has all changed now, but we need someone to take an interest and start up a server with Bigi's mod again. Bigi had the redeemer about as near as it could be to the old UT99 redeemer if I remember correctly.

We have the mod, and the maps. We just need someone to start up a server. Then a team could check out all the maps rated 6 or 7 or higher, and we could sort out the ones that are best for redeemering. :idea: :D
I'm a man.........but I can change.........if I have to........I guess.
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

a nameless entity wrote:There also were not a lot of good maps for redeemering in the early days of 2k4. That has all changed now, but we need someone to take an interest and start up a server with Bigi's mod again. Bigi had the redeemer about as near as it could be to the old UT99 redeemer if I remember correctly.

We have the mod, and the maps. We just need someone to start up a server. Then a team could check out all the maps rated 6 or 7 or higher, and we could sort out the ones that are best for redeemering. :idea: :D
Yes, Bigi did a great work to improve the mod and set it to be as playable as possible. The only thing I think that wasn't ok is what Herm said : the bots were always shooting at the missiles you'd sent.
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”