Two types of redeemer?

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

a nameless entity

Two types of redeemer?

Unread post by a nameless entity »

Ok, I played a couple of maps with the redeemer today (before going back to the Uzi ;) ) and I noticed that there seems to be two different types.
One fired more slowly, making it hard to spread. The other was more "normal" I think, but looked different. I also should have blown myself up for sure with one or the other of them, but didn't. So is the blast radius reduced on one of them? :?:

A full explanation of what they are, do, and look like, would be appreciated! :idea: 8)
I'm a man.........but I can change.........if I have to........I guess.
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

The less deadly redeemer is the tomahawk taken from Unreal4ever. I like it because it offers 2 guide modes. This is just a beta version of the weapon and more changes are to come. Right now, the fire mode forces a little window to pop-up in the lower right corner and you can guide it. The alt-fire mode allows you to guide just like a traditional redeemer. The other redeemer is a traditional redeemer re-skinned with the TomaHawk skin.

I'm wrestling with the idea of seperating the 2 and creating a redeemer game-type and a tomahawk game-type. If not, I may just speed the Tomahawk up so that it balances out the effectiveness of the 2: the slow yet powerful redeemer or the faster more surgical tomahawk. Anyone have some suggestions? Have a good one.

-Johnny Jones
Hermskii

Ahhh yess

Unread post by Hermskii »

I almost started a server once with just the Tomahawk. I love that little thing but after several nights of trying to get it to work the way I needed it to I gave up. I need to check in here soon and see what you have done with this one and to see a redressed Deemer. Keep up the great work.
Hermskii
Draco

Unread post by Draco »

Howdy, Hermskii. I had a version on the server that had 2 modes: redeemer mode and Tomahawk mode. The game seemed a little unbalanced so I seperated the tomahawk out of the weapon again and created a new game-type. Now we have JB, UZI, Redeemer, and TomaHawk. The Tomahawk seems like it may interest those that like the redeemer but don't like the destruction involved. The smaller boom provides a faster paced game by giving you a chance to escape it, and I have cranked up the missiles to go almost twice as fast. In the end, it's just an experiment. If people take to it, it'll stay. As far as reskinning the redeemer, everytime I try it it screws with alt-guide mode of the weapon. Pop by and give the TomaHawk a try. Take care and have a good one.

-Johnny Jones

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”