Report General Server Problems Here

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

{DOU}Cygnus

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

Tommy wrote:
This would be a good time RIGHT NOW to tell me which maps will be staying, and which maps will be going. Then when it's all done I can add more (Dogtown was requested).

T
"Cranes" would be a good map to add too.

DonDon been around anyone?...lol
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

)(er)(es wrote:
Tommy wrote:
This would be a good time RIGHT NOW to tell me which maps will be staying, and which maps will be going. Then when it's all done I can add more (Dogtown was requested).

T

Got a link to it?

T
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

)(er)(es wrote:
Tommy wrote:

T

|)on|)on likes the ground on that one :roll:
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
Hermskii

Still

Unread post by Hermskii »

I still can't get on to the Clan DOU server. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game. I tried to connect and it sends all of the redirects and everything but then gets stuck at the UT screen that says connecting. It just sits there. Are ya'll sure I didn't make somebody mad or something? It doesn't say rejected or anything. It just never finishes connecting. I can even see my name in the player list sometimes with a score of 0.
Hermskii
{DOU}Cygnus

Tommy wrote:
)(er)(es wrote:
Tommy wrote:

T

Got a link to it?

T
Cranes is a stock map that came with the game. You have it currently on the Uzi server.

-JB
{DOU}Cygnus

Re: Still

Hermskii wrote:I still can't get on to the Clan DOU server. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the whole game. I tried to connect and it sends all of the redirects and everything but then gets stuck at the UT screen that says connecting. It just sits there. Are ya'll sure I didn't make somebody mad or something? It doesn't say rejected or anything. It just never finishes connecting. I can even see my name in the player list sometimes with a score of 0.
I wish I knew what to tell you on that one. I hope somebody can help you out. Painting a map or two with your smouldering carcass is one of my goals in the tourney.

-JB
Hermskii

Awww!

Awwww. That is so sweet. Thanks! I'm anxious to see your gibs bouncing off the walls and skidding across the floors spattered with your blood too. Thanks again.
Hermskii
HappyFnCamper

Hey Herm just hit escape and reconnect it should let ya in..

Unread post by HappyFnCamper »

Some times ya just have to reconnect....My old system takes time to get a new map goin... the bigger the more time it takes...I have to reconnect again at times to get in after a DL.
Hermskii

Still trying

I'm still trying.
Hermskii
Moon

Unread post by Moon »

Dam !!???... I don't know what's happening to you Herm ?!...

Sometimes, there's a long time to wait before entering the game but it seems to me that I'm not late besides other players...

SilentBob (now 51Lent/3ob) couldn't play on our server !? He told it to me recently.
He tried several time and.. no way !
I told him to email Tommy. Don't know if he did ?

It's sad this kind of things happen on our servers ! :(
-------------------o00o---°(_)°---o00o----------------------
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

Moon wrote:Dam !!???... I don't know what's happening to you Herm ?!...

Sometimes, there's a long time to wait before entering the game but it seems to me that I'm not late besides other players...

SilentBob (now 51Lent/3ob) couldn't play on our server !? He told it to me recently.
He tried several time and.. no way !
I told him to email Tommy. Don't know if he did ?

It's sad this kind of things happen on our servers ! :(
No, he hasn't. I wish he would so I could could figure it out with him. As for herm, we will get it figured out. It's a known issue, there are some servers I have the same problem with.

T
Hermskii

I found the error

I have a message that I was able to capture in the split milisecond that it appeared. It is why I can't connect to the server I believe. The message is:

"Connection failed Downloading 'AMLP_HaSm_v1' not allowed"

I don't know what this file is or why it's popping up. I have never seen a "not allowed" message before.

So there you have it. This is why I was unable to join you in the tourney this Friday night. Tommy, I hope you get this squared away soon. Thanks!
Hermskii
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: I found the error

Unread post by Tommy »

Hermskii wrote:I have a message that I was able to capture in the split milisecond that it appeared. It is why I can't connect to the server I believe. The message is:

"Connection failed Downloading 'AMLP_HaSm_v1' not allowed"

I don't know what this file is or why it's popping up. I have never seen a "not allowed" message before.

So there you have it. This is why I was unable to join you in the tourney this Friday night. Tommy, I hope you get this squared away soon. Thanks!
There is nothing I can do on my end, the problem is with your client. But I will make the files avaailable to you for a manual download, that will probably do the trick.

T
Hermskii

Work around

You can fix this Tommy. You have the server set to "Do not allow downloads" and the file I need is not on the redirect server. Compress it, put it on the redirect and all is good. Or set the server allow downloads from it too.
Hermskii
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: Work around

Unread post by Tommy »

Hermskii wrote:You can fix this Tommy. You have the server set to "Do not allow downloads" and the file I need is not on the redirect server. Compress it, put it on the redirect and all is good. Or set the server allow downloads from it too.
Nope and nope, but I think we are close here.

The file is on the redirect, and I do have allow downloads on (on all of my servers).

Here is what I am *guessing* is happening. The mutator is VERY small. So the .uz file is like 1k in size (I have EVERYTHING on the redirect for the sake of being through). Well, on other servers I sometimes notice that a file will fly down fast on the redirect, and then the server will hang and not connect. My theory is that because the .uz is so small something goes wrong either in compressing the file, or when the client tries to decompress it. This is just my best guess though. But it's probably right because every time I have this problem the file in question is very small.

I am gonna go and eat now (my favorite hobby) and then this is that I will do. I will remove the .uz file from the redirect. I will then edit the .ini file to move that package to the bottom of the list. That way the server will have to serve it, and with it being at the bottom it will be the last file served and thus not break the connection to the redirect before it needs to (once it does that it stops looking for files there).

The AMLP mut is popular, thats why most people aren't experiencing the problem. I guess you just haven't played on a server that uses it before.

I will also make a zip of all the supplemental files the server uses and make it available for download. Then hopefully if in the future someone has a problem they can just install all the files and all will be well.

T

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”