Can't connect

Anything and everything about the game itself and our server

Moderator: *DARKMATTER*

Hermskii

Can't connect

Unread post by Hermskii »

I have tried several times to get on the server today but I can only get to the "Connecting" screen but it never connects. It gives me the files but then just stops. I have a feeling that certain files were uploaded using ascii instead of binary. I hear there is a setting for this somewhere. I'm guessing but it's all I got. This is a brand new install of UT that is connecting fine everywhere else. Help!
Hermskii
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Unread post by Tommy »

I changed the map, try it now.

In the future, when you have a problem like this please let me know what the name of the map is that the server is currently at.

T
a nameless entity

Unread post by a nameless entity »

This has been happening to me all day today. It hangs up on the "connecting" screen. It doesn't matter which server I try, all are the same. Although I did connect to the Uzi server once. But only as a spectator, and I definitely had spectating turned OFF.

The only change I made to my UT this week is to add the "Arena Match" mod.
Somehow it seems unlikely that it is the culprit? :?:
I'm a man.........but I can change.........if I have to........I guess.
Hermskii

Hmmm?

I had trouble and I ended up reinstalling and was then able to connect just fine. I didn't have arena mod installed and still don't so I'll install it and connect to this server. Then we'll see eh? BRB. Well well well...I could not connect either now. Houston... we have a problem. Oh wait the problem isn't in Houston this time!

OK Tommy, your work is cut out for you now. You know there is an issue with ArenaMatch mod. What version are you using on the server? Nice find Nameless. Let's get it fixed so we can kill each other in peace!
Hermskii
a nameless entity

Damn. Now I need to find a tool that uninstalls stuff from UT, so that I can take Arena Match off again. I just reinstalled the game last month, and can't face going through all that again so soon. :shock:
Hermskii

Confirmed!

I confirmed it. I uninstalled the mod and connected a couple of times with no issue at all. I reinstalled the mod and could not connect. Wooooooop! There it is.
Hermskii
a nameless entity

This Arena Match mod is screwing me up at another server besides Tommy's. Please tell me what to delete or send me the uninstalling tool that you used to remove it from UT. :?
Hermskii

Answer

Man you are fast and everywhere. I have your answer posted on the RedeemerInsanity server sir.
Hermskii
a nameless entity

That's because we're online at the same time! :lol:

All fixed, btw. :D

Return to “Clan {DOU} Unreal Tournament 99 Redeemer / Uzi / JailBreak Server”