LET'S TALK ABOUT MAPS: DM-!!{DOU}PowerPlant

Game Content Creation
.:Isabella:.

LET'S TALK ABOUT MAPS: DM-!!{DOU}PowerPlant

Unread post by .:Isabella:. »

Hi all

The map named DM-!!{DOU}PowerPlant, is about a nuclear power plant and it is close to being finished... only missing a few textures and the placement of gaming stuff (boots, guns, ammo, health packs and others)

The following map layout shows the main components of a nuclear power plant, and in what follows I will explain how it works:

Building 1 contains a set of electric generators powered by high pressure steam turbines.

Power Substation 2 raises generator voltaje from 24.000 volts to 220.000 volts to be transmitted by the electric transport line 3

Turbines that power generators receive high-pressure steam from the steam generator located in building 4

Steam generator receives a supply of hot water and converts the water into high pressure steam, when the water becomes overheated for a high temperature fluid flowing from the core of the nuclear plant in building 5

High-pressure steam coming from turbines becomes cooled in the condenser room, building 6, where it is converted in hot water and sent back to the steam generator.

Cooling the steam in the condenser is made with water pumped from the pumping station 7

Water pumped to cool the steam is heated in the process. And then other pumps send it to cool in the natural draft cooling tower 8.

Chilled water in the cooling tower falls into a pond at the base of the tower, and flows into a water tank to be pumped back into the condenser.

Building 9 contains an old steam boiler fueled by coal, now out of service but kept in reserve

Some pics from the instalations:

2big2handle

Re: LET'S TALK ABOUT MAPS: DM-!!{DOU}PowerPlant

Unread post by 2big2handle »

Wow R, seems you have some experience with power plants. I'm not but being an engineer it would seem you have all the right parts. Nice job. When does it go on line????

See you soon.

2Big

{DOU}.R_Mad wrote:Hi all

The map named DM-!!{DOU}PowerPlant, is about a nuclear power plant and it is close to being finished... only missing a few textures and the placement of gaming stuff (boots, guns, ammo, health packs and others)

The following map layout shows the main components of a nuclear power plant, and in what follows I will explain how it works:

Building 1 contains a set of electric generators powered by high pressure steam turbines.

Power Substation 2 raises generator voltaje from 24.000 volts to 220.000 volts to be transmitted by the electric transport line 3

Turbines that power generators receive high-pressure steam from the steam generator located in building 4

Steam generator receives a supply of hot water and converts the water into high pressure steam, when the water becomes overheated for a high temperature fluid flowing from the core of the nuclear plant in building 5

High-pressure steam coming from turbines becomes cooled in the condenser room, building 6, where it is converted in hot water and sent back to the steam generator.

Cooling the steam in the condenser is made with water pumped from the pumping station 7

Water pumped to cool the steam is heated in the process. And then other pumps send it to cool in the natural draft cooling tower 8.

Chilled water in the cooling tower falls into a pond at the base of the tower, and flows into a water tank to be pumped back into the condenser.

Building 9 contains an old steam boiler fueled by coal, now out of service but kept in reserve

Some pics from the instalations:

Well, this resulted in a huge map, so after the introduction into society, I will divide the map into two different maps to facilitate the playing... :D

On the other hand, I know about power plants because I'm an engineer also... :D
vioguez

Unread post by vioguez »

this like a its going to be a sweet map r mad will there be any secrets or just straight camping,and will this map be a night or day map.

2big2handle

Yes we've discussed this before. Nice job, it looks like it's going to be a blast. Thank you R_Mad.

2Big
{DOU}.R_Mad wrote:Well, this resulted in a huge map, so after the introduction into society, I will divide the map into two different maps to facilitate the playing... :D

On the other hand, I know about power plants because I'm an engineer also... :D

vioguez wrote:this like a its going to be a sweet map r mad will there be any secrets or just straight camping,and will this map be a night or day map.
Straight camping Vioguez...

I will divide the map into two smaller maps : The cooling tower and the electric central (Both night maps...)
NATAN
Site Admin

Unread post by NATAN »

The pictures of your new map(s) are looking real good R_mad.

However I would have to say you will have a hard time to top that great Bunker map of yours. It has become one of the most popular maps since the first day it was put up on the server.

Surprise and impress us all again and try to make these maps even better. :)
{DOU}(-:__NATAN__:-) - ( Clan DOU Recruitment Officer )

Coming Soon: http://clandou.com/cms/

"For the World Is Hollow and I Have Touched the Sky"

Take a look at http://www.retro-en-design.com :)
Evil

Unread post by Evil »

I hope it works out well that way. It was pretty neat standing on top of the tower looking down but couldn't zoom or hardly move.
knightmare

Unread post by knightmare »

i CAN'T WAIT UNTILL IT'S READY, BUT NO "DEEMERS", MAN NUKER WILL RUN HIS SELF TO DEATH LOOKING FOR THEM. LOL .AND AGAIN, GREAT JOB R_MAD
BITE ME
2big2handle

So R_Mad,

What are you using for UT development?
I have UnrealEd and it seems to work ok. Is there a better tool?

You had told me some time ago that the easiest thing to do is copy parts from other maps. Where can I get some of the existing maps we use today.

Thanks

2Big

2big2handle wrote:So R_Mad,

What are you using for UT development?
I have UnrealEd and it seems to work ok. Is there a better tool?

You had told me some time ago that the easiest thing to do is copy parts from other maps. Where can I get some of the existing maps we use today.

Thanks

2Big
I use UnrealEd 2.0; There is a further development of this program, but I do not have it...

You can copy two things from existing maps: brushes and textures. Some brushes easy to copy and reuse are furniture, paintings and other decorations.

Textures can be obtained from other maps but there are also many at Internet.

To use textures downloaded from the Internet, they must be converted to pcx format. Its measures must be transformed to 256x256 pixels and its multiples.

Anyway you need to learn to do your own brushes and textures to build maps...

Maps we use today should be in your map folder at UTournament program. You can open the maps with the UnrealEd... Be careful to avoid corrupt the files
2big2handle

That's great advice R_Mad. I think the Unreal Ed is up to V3.
Sounds like a fun thing to do and yes "Bunker" is an awesome map.

Look forward to trying my hand at it.

See you in the maps.

2Big
Otis_Firefly
Biggest DoucheBag Award

Unread post by Otis_Firefly »

Very Nice MAD!

I'm jealous.
ItsYouNMe

Unread post by ItsYouNMe »

I got an idea for a great map. I'd call it 'No Holes Bars". An open map with nothing to shield the players. Just point, shoot, and kill. May the best and fastest man win :minigun: :snipe: :redflipoff:
vioguez

Unread post by vioguez »

:loco:uhhhh thats not camping.

Return to “Game Mappers and Coders”