Cheesy potato

Master Chef Tommy Shares His Techniques And Recipes

Moderator: Tommy

{DOU}Cygnus

Cheesy potato

Unread post by {DOU}Cygnus »

This is something I tossed together tonight and I was suprised how well it turned out.

You will need:

Instant potatoes
Hot Water
A 1 pound jar of Cheezy Ragu Cheddar
Bacon (optional)
Shredded Cheddar or Colby/Jack

For those of you who need to measure amounts I am sorry, I didn't measure anything but IMO this isn't that hard to put together.

First I fried cut-up bacon pieces ( I'd guess 1-1/2 or 2 cups worth) and drained the grease. Then, in a mixing bowl I mixed enough hot water and instant potatoes to get around 1-1/4 inches deep in a cake pan.
Next I added the Ragu cheese sauce and mixed it in. I also put an once or two hot water in the Ragu jar, capped it and shook it to get all the remaining sauce and added it to the mix. After mixing in the cheese sauce I mixed in the bacon pieces and then poured the whole mixture into the cake pan.
I set the oven for 400 degrees and let it bake uncovered for almost an hour, checking it often for a crust to form on the top. When that happened I added the shredded cheese, sprinkling it evenly across the top and put it back in for another five miutes so it was all melted.
Once done, I let it stand on the range top until it cooled enough for serving.

I used a glass cake pan and I forgot to grease it before I put the mixture in but I was surprised that nothing really stuck to the pan.
This recipe also has alot of potential to change up things for totally different tastes.
I may try this next with broccoli and ham instead of bacon.
.::/3I§ON::.

Re: Cheesy potato

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

Sounds like a coronary waiting to happen to me :P
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
Abberation

Re: Cheesy potato

Unread post by Abberation »

I make something like that except I use ham. And I add ranch dressing :D

Return to “Cooking With Tommy”