Mac Pro 2008

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
hooleydog

Mac Pro 2008

Unread post by hooleydog »

Hi Guy's it's me The_M@angler. Well you don't know this, but I've been building a powerful Mac Pro 2008 from parts and the Specs are:

2 Quad core Xeon 3.2 GHz processors, 32GB ram. Ge-Force GTX 770 Graphics card (4GB ram), 250GB SSD, 500GB SSD (Both on a PCI-E card, and a 4TB SSHD drive, plus a SATA Blue Ray DVD drive, I plan on installing OS X in the 250GB SSD (That part is done) and Windows 7 64bit on the 500GB SSD (A boot menu will enable me to pick which OS to start)... I do have UT99 for the Mac OS X too, so I'll install it in a Wrapper (Have anyone heard that)..Because the games is only compatible with 0S 9 (Which is a old OS X, and Mac Pro don't support that OS), so I've heard that it can be install inside a Wrapper..

Well if it works I'll be play the game with you one my Mac and it won't crash like it does sometime in Windows..
frag_magnet

Re: Mac Pro 2008

Unread post by frag_magnet »

I kind of blacked out about the second sentence and just now came to. Whatever it is, so long as it works. You'd be really annoyed if you knew what we were saying about you between crashes.

:gib:
Rad

Unread post by Rad »

frag_magnet wrote:I kind of blacked out about the second sentence and just now came to. Whatever it is, so long as it works. You'd be really annoyed if you knew what we were saying about you between crashes.

:gib:
::HYST::

Welcome back to the forum M@ngler !!!
It's nice that you resumed your activity here.
:peace_v:
And remember that there is one and only one IP,
which you must never forget:

173.208.146.178:7777
hooleydog

Well what I mean about crashes.. Sometimes when UT is loading a another map (After a game) I get a big window with the reason UT failed and windows screen goes really bright, so I have to do a reboot, so I hope that it will never happen on my Mac Pro..I just have to figure out how to run it inside a wrapper...
frag_magnet

Wrapper? A brown paper sack won't work?
hooleydog

NOO not that LOL. Anyway, funny thing happened last week. My New type driving license came, so My wife put it on the table.. I took out my old license, and put it inside my wallet. The old license, I left on the table. Guess what, my wife didn't look at it, and swapped them over, so the new license ended up in the trash..Now I have to get a replacement, and she blames me for it, as I should have told her.. I asked her "Didn't you look, and them she said "Nope", so She has to pay for the replacement not me LOL...
frag_magnet

HFS Batman! Watch your credit report and see if your garbage man assumes your identity!
hooleydog

Too late, as it'll be on the trash dump by now....
frag_magnet

Better there than in somebody's wallet. Probably some kid walking into a liquor store right now with a hooleydog mask on trying to buy beer!
hooleydog

Well guys my replacement driving license came today and now it's in my wallet.. But I do hate driving on the wrong side of the road LOL (The left is much better) , as for my Mac pro (It's a tall tower computer and they are very nicely made)... UT99 is up and running... However, the dock (at the bottom of the screen (It's where all the programs icons are at)) is seen, so I'll have to see if I can fix the problem.. Oh one thing.. Nata speaks good English (Better than I do) :D

Return to “Computer Chatter”