Windows 10

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
LeadFree

Windows 10

Unread post by LeadFree »

Downloaded Win10. Felt I had little choice as I had read MS :herestoyou: was going to eventually put Win10 in the auto updates.

So, after the download Unreal would only play in a small window. After I changed the resolution the mouse would not work. I decided to uninstall and attempt a reinstall but then found out my DVD drive :gib: no longer works. Short of buying a new computer is there anything I can do? (that I can understand in plain language)

Thanks DOU. After 15 years of playing this great game I'll either see you all soon or perhaps in a couple of years when I can afford the splurge on a new system.
Tommy
I Worship His Shadow

Re: Windows 10

Unread post by Tommy »

O.K., what exactly are you asking? You want help getting UT reinstalled or dealing with Win 10?

BTW, I have installed Win 10 and UT works fine on it but I have to run OpenGL until I figure out a work around. That is of course after Win 10 failed in upgrading from Win 8.1, thus requiring me to cook my drive.

Anywho, if you need help getting UT99 back up and running I would be happy to help. I am sure I have a copy laying around here somewhere.

Also, as a side note, you can set your resolution and full screen / windowed mode in the UT99 .ini. So if you have this problem again, try that first before an uninstall.

{DOU}Tommy
Mr_head
Clan DOU Recruitment Officer

Re: Windows 10

Unread post by Mr_head »

Easy work around i guess is instaling the game from a downloaded folder if your Cd drive isnt working.
http://www.utrealms.com/download.php?list.25
goto that site and download the files, and the 436 no delta patch, the patch removes the CD requirment, and will run full game, then as Tommy said check you option in the game for running in windowed mode.

http://www.ut-files.com/index.php?dir=Video_Renders/

Use that link for upgrading your video renderer, this will improve the game play quality and make things smoother and nicer, Some people Use open gl and most use D3D9 use whichever works best for you, if you have any question about how to do any of the above, feel free to PM me or drop by our Teamspeak server on 178.208.146.178

Mr head
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs,
There is also a negative side.

Return to “Computer Chatter”