Punk buster issues. HELP!!!

Computer Related Topics Can Be Found Here
{skully}

Punk buster issues. HELP!!!

Unread post by {skully} »

Hey all, I'm not able to connect to the server. I am constantly getting kicked for a Punk buster issue. It says
{DOU}SKULLY PunkBuster kicked player'{DOU}SKULLY' (for 0 minutes)...RESTRICTION:Service Communication Failure:PnkBstrB.exe driver failure(PnkBstrK.sys)ffab
I have tried to use Punkbuster Setup but it does not support COD 4 anymore. What should I do here??

If I need a file or something can someone please link me to it as soon as possible so I can get back out there. Thanks.
{skully}

Re: Punk buster issues. HELP!!!

By the way if you have a file and can email it to me I am available at skull23@verizon.net. Thanks again.
Mr_head
Clan DOU Recruitment Officer

Unread post by Mr_head »

in this case you usualy have to do a full re install of punkbuster
goto evenbalance, and download the punkbuster file file, instal it then run pbsetup.exe run update and it should be fine
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs,
There is also a negative side.
Mr_head

Unread post by Mr_head »

do you use the teamspeak overlay when you play, punkbuster sometimes see that as a cheat
The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs,
{skully}

Hey Mr. Head, thanks for the help here and in Team Speak. I am still having the same issue. I went in to add/remove programs and uninstalled punk buster services. Down loaded the punk buster services that you linked in team speak. Installed them. Then Down loaded punk buster update version 3.7. When you open this and ask it to add a game, the drop down menu comes down and there is no COD games listed.

What am I missing here??
{skully}

Hey all. So here is the deal. I have been posting on Skully's behalf. I am his son in law. You all might see me on your server from time to time as Tiki.

With that said, I was on your server last night playing and chatting with the guys there about the problem that Skully is having. I followed the directions of Mr. Head and that didn't seem to work. I even went home and copied my punk buster directory from my C/Program files/Activision/COD 4/ PB directory and pasted them directly into his PB directory. Still no joy here. He keeps getting kicked the second the load up screen is gone and he has established a true connection to the server. It says the same thing every time. Why can I connect and he can't?

I am truely baffled here guys. Please help us out. Thanks again all.
Mr_head

Unread post by Mr_head »

ok punkbuster support has been dropped for CoD, so you cannot update through pbsetup anymore, apperetly there is not going to be support for Cod 4 for a while until steam take full control of it, in the mean time i found this it might help you get on the server
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T57GbKkpYTg
{skully}

Thanks Mr. Head. I'll stop by tomorrow after I get out of work and see if I can get Skully hooked up. Keeping my fingers crossed.
{skully}

Ok, so I've reinstalled Punk Buster services again and after the install it goes into testing mode. This is the info it kicks out. Maybe someone here can understand it and help.
Starting PunkBuster Service Tests (v0.993) (02/07/14 11:30:35)
Checking OS
Windows XP (build 2600, Service Pack 3) 32-bit
Checking PnkBstrA service status RUNNING
Checking PnkBstrA Version OK (1036)
Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Skull\Application Data\PnkBstrB.exe"
OK
Checking firewall settings OFF
Checking if PnkBstrB is running NOT RUNNING
Getting port for PnkBstrA OK (44301)
Opening socket for packet send OK
Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrA OK
Received 6 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 10157 (ms) Version = v1036
Getting PnkBstrB install instance OK
Sending start packet to PnkBstrA SENT
Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA OK
Received 3 bytes from 127.0.0.1:44301
Response = 14188 (ms) PnkBstrB started.
Load SUCCESSFUL.
Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (1) CHANGED (2)
Getting port for PnkBstrB OK (45301)
Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT
Receiving version from PnkBstrB OK
Received 5 bytes from 127.0.0.1:45301
Response = 3016 (ms) Version = 2202
Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND
Extracting new PnkBstrK to:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Skull\Application Data\PnkBstrK.sys"
OK
Sending load packet to PnkBstrB SENT
Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND
Manually stopping PnkBstrB FAILED - no handle
Removing test PnkBstrB file OK
PnkBstrA.log: [02.06.2014 14:59:12] PnkBstrA v1036 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
[02.06.2014 14:59:36] Attempting unload of pnkbstrb.

[02.07.2014 09:37:03] PnkBstrA v1036 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
[02.07.2014 09:44:04] Attempting unload of pnkbstrb.

[02.07.2014 11:30:25] PnkBstrA v1036 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
[02.07.2014 11:30:53] Attempting unload of pnkbstrb.

PnkBstrB.log: alance.com for more information.
[02.07.2014 11:30:52] Attempting Component Load [PnkBstrK][drivers\][PnkBstrK.sys]
[02.07.2014 11:30:53] ERROR: Copy from [C:\Documents and Settings\Skull\Application Data\PnkBstrK.sys] to [C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PnkBstrK.sys] failed; Load denied. (5)
[02.07.2014 11:30:53] WARNING: CRITICAL ERROR: Failed to Register Service (ffab)
[02.07.2014 11:30:53] PnkBstrB v2.202 (WOLF) Service Attempting Unload. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.

----------------------------------
Tests finished.
Sorry for the long post but it is the full read out that Punk Buster generated.

Thanks agian.
Grubb Industries

Unread post by Grubb Industries »

[C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\PnkBstrK.sys] failed; Load denied. (5)

Do you have a anti virus program running? it may be blocking the file.

or try to manually put file PnkBstrK.sys into system32/drivers folder, copy and paste
Fighting for peace is like
Screwing for virginity
.::/3I§ON::.

Unread post by .::/3I§ON::. »

Grubb Industries wrote:
Do you have a anti virus program running? it may be blocking the file.
Or a firewall....
{DOU}.::/3I§ON::.
"Did you hear the one about me trying to die?

Fist in the air and a finger to the sky.

Do I care if you hate me? Do you wanna know the truth?

C'est la vie... adiós... good riddance... fuck you!..."5FDP"
{skully}

Looks like it might have been the firewall. There were several things going on but I stepped the system back to a working time and had the system do a restore and all seems to be fine now. The firewall has been updated and I've been out on the server a bit today. No kicks. I'll work on getting this system back down to Skully and he will be back on line with you guys.

Thanks for all your help all.

Return to “Computer Chatter”